2003 Rally Site Chosen!

• Thread starter Staci Matheis [URL]http://www.moorsresort.com/[/UR
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
The 2003 Rally will be held on Saturday & Sunday, April 12th & 13th at:

THE MOORS RESORT & MARINA

KENTUCKY LAKE

(See link below.)

They are holding lodge rooms and cottages to cover people arriving Thursday or Friday and staying through Sunday.

Lodge Rooms contain 2 Queen Beds and are priced at $68.78 per night. A deposit of $68.78 per room will be required regardless of how many nights you will be staying.

Cottages with 1 Double Bed and 1 Sofa Bed are $73.70 per night.

Cottages with 1 Queen Bed and 1 sofa or hide-a-bed are $103.18 per night.

Deposit would be $73.70 / $103.18 regardless of number of nights.

DO NOT SEND MONEY YET.

Decide if you are going or not. They will invoice me in October; I will ask for your deposits then. Deposits will be due in 2 weeks. Deposits will be non-refundable unless a late-comer wants your room and then priority for refunds will be given to those who got their deposits to me first.

Houseboats..... I cannot make reservations for these until after January 1st. Approximately $950 Thursday through Sunday through Kentucky Dam Marina. They accomodate up to 10 people. See if there are enough of you who want to rent one..... I'll make the reservations, etc - but it's up to you guys to form your own group. PLEASE decide if you are going to do this BEFORE deposits are due on rooms.

Diner Saturday night will be in the lodge. Prime rib, baked potato Cobbler, etc. $13.29 per person.

Covered boat slips are available for $7.50 per night for guests of the resort - NOT houseboat participants. Power for battery charging is provided.

There you have it!

Let's go Fishin'!

me!
http://www.moorsresort.com/

Dang man...you are good!!!! See you next week... I'll talk to you when I get to Quincy...e-mail the number you want me to call Saturday and the time...

Man Scott GREAT JOB - At least NOW I know how much money I need to suck up to Beka for. I've gotta find a way to let HER spend that much first, since i'm also doing my fly-in to Ontario next August and that's like $1,500.

I'm STOKED!!!

Way to get moving Scott, but many of us can't be sure until closer to spring. Personally I would lean towards the house boat. I think Buzz, Mac, and Ken are probably in too. Bob, Marke, Curtis? Even is we get 8 of us on there, that's under $120 for the whole stay or $40 a night per person. As long as we can charge up to 3 boats off that puppy.

Don't forget TOXIC, snif, snif. STILL working on the schedule though. And I would need to know if I should bring the boat.

Yes, never too many boats, plus with you around there is always the distinct possiblity somebody may have to make an insurance claim for a boat burnt to a crisp! It's always good to have back ups! I'm still trying to figure out how to strap you to the 200efi.....and implement an ignition system. My biggest obstacle is how to shut you down once we reach our water. LOL Bepto or kayo????

great job scott! sounds like you may have done this before. I don't think I've ever planned anything 7 or 8 months in advance. Surely there will be some line breakin Kentucky hawgs in there to pull out. thanks for the info and I'll see what I can do to plan for it.

(note to self: do not get thrown in jail, go bankrupt, or get married before April 12, 13 of 2003 - there, got it)

I'm goin to check out the link. thanks again.

james d.

No, no Jim, that will all happen ON April 12 or 13th! LOL No need to rush it!

I can appreciate those who want to wait until Spring - look how long I took to decide this year and then couldn't go.....

In this case, those who are really serious will have to put up about $35 a person to assure themselves rooms (double basis) and that we will get first choice on other facilities.

Houseboats could be a ton of fun if you are going to be staying on a large body of water for a number of days and want to be able to move your base of operations around. And maybe if you only have one or two boats to tie up to it. In this case, we start both mornings early at the dock at The Moors; we end both days with weigh-in at The Moors; our Saturday banquet is at The Moors. We can have as many boats as we want in their marina with covered slips and charging facilities. I think that, in the long run, everyone will opt for rooms!

TOX -

There will be PLENTY of room for people without boats!

This is going to be a relaxed tournament..... No assigned partners; choose who you want! We are going to have more fun than any group of men and women with chocolate covered strawberries should be allowed to have!

I did check on alcoholic beverages..... Dry county. Bring your own. It's OK to bring your beverages into the lodge and dining hall to mix with set-ups from the restaraunt.

We WILL be checking cars, trucks and under-deck storage for wire cages on all arrivals at the marina!

me!

Rick -

I don't see non-refundable as a problem if you think the chances are pretty good that you will be attending..... There are always people who want to join in at the last minute - even those who find out about this board after the initial deposits. We just need to secure as many rooms as possible as early as possible.

Be the first to send your $35 (still an estimate) in and you'll be the first on the list to get them back if you do have to cancel.

me!

hey toxic. you weren't at kentucky lake last july - were ya???

http://www.kentuckylake.net/rockquarry/2002-07-06/page3.htm

james d.

page3.htm

Scott,

Good job on getting the rally info. I can commit in October, but I don't know if my job will!! I am required to travel worldwide and everything is always subject to change, including vacations! I will probably send the deposit anyways. It wouldn't be the first $68 that I threw away!

Bob G.

Great Job Scott,....I'm all over that houseboat option!!

Man that would be fun....Don't know about 10 guys though,..would like to keep it to 6 anyway...8 max!! Just for "more room" anyway....Can't wait for 3-4yrs from now when my daughters are off to college,...I'll be able to bring my wife along to these events...then I'll REALLY be able to have some fun!!! YEEHAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! LOL

(Plus,..she'll be able to cook and clean up after us while we're out fishin'!) hahahahaha.....I love it when she doesn't read this site!!! (SCOTT!!,.DON'T even think about it!! LOLOL)

Mac

Geez Hon,....How long have I had my email address and you STILL don't know it??...Just for that, you WILL be going to the Rally with me and you'll be confined to the same room as Toxic and Neeley and you'll all 3 have nothing to eat except Slim Jims and sauerkraut!!...and I'll make you ride home in the boat this time while Ken and I drive the truck and talk Fishin' for 3 days straight!!!...now,..as far as getting off work today at 2pm,.....i'll be home by 2;30!!

(Actually I'm outa here at 10;30am due to computer's going down for maintenance,...so I'll be at BPS from 11am-2pm spending the mortgage money for next month,....my S/T panel is already done!!..PPPLLPPHHLPPPPPPP!!!!) Later Darlin'!!

Willy

Willy - Now THAT's a nickname I want an explanation for Mac!!!

LOL....My Dad called me Willy for as long as I can remember.....Kathy calls me Willy when she wants something.

My mom says I remind her of her brother so much she often slips and calls me "Jim!"...LOL!!!!!!...my brother calls me "B'wana".....and my 2 sisters call me "Billy"...it must be a chick thing....my buddy's call me "Mac or BigMac" or,...well....never mind,..this is a family site,...

Mac

WOW, i'd hate to be a family reunion with your family, never know WHO's calling WHO!

I'll have to remember to check your email address before I try to post as Kathy!!

I just COULDN't resist Big Dog! you left yourself WIDE OPEN on that one!!

I knew one of you scumbags would jump all over it,...figured Rob "MaLoy" would,..LOL...BTW, our family get togethers are awesome!!,....We all get along great together and the cousin's all hang out and laugh and joke around as much as the adults do....it's total hedonism!! Can't wait for the Labor Day bash,.....too bad my Bro and his family can't make it, but the rest of us will PAARRRTAAY!!!

Mac

Allright lil Willy, I didn't go near it, but you sure talk big when your boss ain't around! LOL See....me, I run the house! Yup, you guys know it! I'M the boss at my house, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wash the curtains!

I'm reminded of a plaque that hung in my Mother's kitchen when I was growing up, come to think about it I saw it in their new place in June:

Dads boss everyone knows, but what Mom says Always goes!

Now if I could only get her to mow the lawn,...she would be absolutely PERFECT!!!!!....lol

Do what I did Mac - Get her a RIDER mower! When we moved into our current house 7 years ago and got the rider, we've got little less than 1 acre, she volunteered to mow the lawn!!

speaking of Perfect,....she told me this morning that our youngest daughter Julie is going over to her friend's house tonite for a sleepover,...now if we can only get Jamie out of the house for the night!!aaahhh,....a quiet house with no kids,...a new 12pk of Molson Bradour,...and back to back huntin'/fishin' shows on the OLN channel, alllll night!!....that's PERFECT!

Uh Mac - Did you ASK Kathy if that was HER idea of PERFECT??? I'm thinking she might want Wine, a nice massage and a good romantic movie!! Like something from Arnold!!!

I think that's what Mac is planning to do tonite - Free Willy!!!

Oh the visual, help!!! Mac in the candlelight in his naugathong! Pooooor Kathy! Nobody should be subject to that!

Yards to small for a rider,...but I do have a back up plan,...when i absolutely positively do not want to mow and it abslutely positively needs to be mowed,...I will get the illegal immagrant who mows the next door neighbor's yard to come and do mine,.....same size yards,...but he does mine for $15 LESS 'cuz I threaten to turn him in to the INS if he doesn't mow AND WeedWhack!!!...ahahahhhah.....so what if I'm a PR---!!.....I'm a LEGAL citizen practicing capitalism!

He'll say,.."I mow yard,....35 dollar!!".....I say,.."you mow yard 35dollar and show me GREEN CARD!!"...He'll say,.."No card!!,...I mow yard 20dollar!...no trim!"...and of course I'll close the deal with,.."You mow yard AND Trim for 20dollar and I no call INS!!!"....he'll mumble something in spanish as he unlaods the mower AND weedwhacker out of his oil leaking, smoke belchin, rusted out pick-up.....ahahhaa.......then again I've only hired him twice, cuz I don't mind mowin'....unless it 90deg and muggy,....then it's time to practice NAFTA!!...ahhaha

Hey Free Willy,.....good idea,...haven't seen that movie yet!! I could use a massage too.....you guys are alright!!!!

Hey Mac, I've got a new method for getting out of that yard word stuff!

I converted my lawn over to a new strain of Buffalo Grass called "Legacy". No bugs, no fungus and if you N0-Mow it only gets 5 inches tall! If you do mow, you'll only be mowing 1/2 to 1/3 as often! They say in severe drought, you should water at least once a month!

All this means.......MoFishin' (sorry MoFish, I couldn't resist.)

T

How much????? Man I HATE mowing the lawn. My mom made the mistake of saying within earshot that she actually likes to mow! So, being the generous loving son that I am, I let her do mine! LOL Easy, guys, my mom is young. She's only 44, yeah, you do the math. But I let my grandmother to the trimming! LOL Kidding

Thanks T, but it's only available as turf and in NE, so that's a long way to run for enough sod to cover 3/4 of an acre. Maybe somebody local has it. Thanks for the tip. I've been battling crab grass for years now. Since I had a contractor do my town water hook up and he put down HIS seed. YEAH, 10% bluegrass, 40% dandelion, 50% weed and crab grass mix!

Rob, They mailorder the plugs. They will UPS them out to you. All you need to do is get a patch started then you can cut additional plugs from there.

What I do is come out early in the spring & late in the fall and spray the area with round-up. The lgacy grass is dormant so all it kills is the weeds and other undesired stuff (crabgrass, dandelions, in-laws, etc.)

I spaced them at 18 inch intervals and it covered the first season.

It's a fishermen's lawn for sure!

T

Mac...you need to move to Texas where we have an unlimited supply of that "cheap labor". Since closing on this house last Friday, I've got more done than most would do all year...and CHEAP!!

-- Remove unsightly bushes...Landscape contractor $450, Mexicans $75

-- Turn 11' section of cedar fence into double gate...Fence contractor $975, Mexicans $250 (with tip!)

-- Cut grass...Landscape contractor $30/week, Mexicans $20

Plus, they moved my whole house for under $300 (don't even want to think what a "real" moving company would charge).

The icing on the cake (or salsa on the chip)...one of them is bringing his HOT sister over this weekend.

Aye Carumba!!

Hey Adam, if you get the chance, try to get your hands on some native mexican habenaro sauce for me would ya? PLEASE! Can't get it around these parts. But I CAN get all the canadian beer you want!

How hot do ya' want it??? I've got some stuff that will literally kill you if you eat too much. Half a teaspoon in a couple gallons of chili will make you SWEAT!!

I'll pass on the canuck beer, though (thanks for offering). If it ain't brewed in Texas (or distilled in Tennessee/Kentucky), I won't drink it! If I go to the rally next year, I'll bring a couple cases of Shiner Bock and a few gallons of Makers Mark...make this year's rally look like a tea party!!

Latest posts

Back