2003 Rally at Kentucky Lake!!!!!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
The truck sales business has been slow this week..... So I called The Moors Resort & Marina on Kentucky Lake.....

They have a lodge with 24 rooms, each with 2 queen-size beds, a great room for meetings and banquets, catering facilities, a restaraunt open from 6 am to 9 pm AND tournament facilities INCLUDING weigh-in scales!!!!!

We could rent the entire lodge for a Friday and Saturday night for $63 per night per room.

There's just one, small catch..... The only weekend that they have free next Spring is the 18th and 19th of April - Easter weekend.

Hey! Whadayawant? They book 3 years in advance!

Check out your schedules and your families QUICKLY! Shirley is holding it for me for a few days to see what your responses are. If we have enough people, we will need a 50% deposit by November. BUT, I can't ask her to hold the lodge on the if-come for anywhere near that long.....

DO NOT DELAY! LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK YOU WILL BE IN!

me!

Scott, I think we went through this once before...nobody could do Easter.

Yeah..... I know..... Our first rally at Truman was on Easter weekend..... Thought I should at least put it out there for feedback. Can I help it if Easter comes right in the middle of spawning and some of the best fishing of the year?!!?

P.S.

You and John and Chris and I did..... And I have the pictures to prove it!
CSJR

Can we get "some" rooms and the big facility for any othe weekend...say after easter. Maybe she could find rooms for us elsewhere if our official headquarters were there.

There are many, many different ways we could do things..... Kentucky Lake..... Mark Twain..... April..... May..... I was simply investigating today and came across an opportunity - even though I know it's not a very good one..... I'm putting out feelers for just this one weekend with just this lodge and just this room price.....

If it doesn't work - then it doesn't work.

me!

Can't do Easter...It will be my first grandchild's first easter...Even I could not justify fishing that weekend...And I would try to justify fishing on my wedding day if it ever came up again!

Great try Scott. Right idea, great facility and price....wrong weekend :eek:(

Keep trying though, you'll find a place!

Marke

Scott, there are several places at Ky lake to stay that are very affordable. The Moors is nice, friends of ours from St. Louis were down 3 weeks ago and camped there. They also have several cabins for rent. You also have Ky. Dam resort which is a state park w/marina, and Prizer Point. There are several more that cater to fishpeople. Let me know if I can help obtain info.

Bruce

Hopkinsville, Ky.

Hey Scott,

I can do Easter - I work on Sundays anyways - unless it is Christmas - then I'm "on call"!!! My wife can give me my Easter basket early!!

I would still like to do a regional rally if my opinion counts for anything to keep the travel reasonable.

Bob G.

OK, quick survey.....

Which weekend for the rally at Kentucky Lake?

1) Week before Easter; the 12th and 13th.

2) Last in April; the 26th and 27th.

3) First in May; the 3rd and 4th.

This should put us right in the middle of some of the best fishin' in the year! Majority rules!

We'll go from there to find, with Bruce's help, a spot to call "home" for a couple of days!

Thanks!

me!

Worb is right Scott. First Saturday in May is Derby Day in KY. Sort of sacred time in the Bluegrass with lots of parties and mint juleps and even a horse race.

I would be partial to April 26 & 27.

Bear

Oops.

The April 12 & 13th is actually my first choice. The brain knew what I was typing but my fingers didn't.

Bear

i vote for april 12-13or may 3-4 may be able to do april 26-27 even though it is our wedding ann.,...i think she'll understand.gotta fish.

steve ><}}}}'>

I am more inclined to be able to make April than May. If I only have to take one vaca day then that would be OK. We drive out Thursday afternoon, through the night. Fish Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and drive home that night. Back to work on Monday? Buzz, we can do it! LOL Probably

Rob, that's not a problem, I don't require much sleep. I drove to Houston and back, 1900 miles. I left my place on a Sat. at noon and I was home Tuesday night at 7:00 pm. So Ky. won't be a problem...

Well, there's my ride. I'm going when ever Buzz's truck is leaving. Any time in April is good. I have to fish Champlain in May in Rob's new / Buzz's old boat...LOL

Bob G., you coming with us or going on Easter??

Marke

We'll caravan. "breaker one nine, ya gatcher ears on?" "we're towin a herd of Nitros and Trackers to the rally over yonder" Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin, oh wait that song caused a stink last time! LOL

May 3rd and 4th would be best for me. Since my birthday is the 2nd, maybe all you guys can pitch in and get me a new rig!!

Rich D

Any of the Non-Easter April days appeal to me...

One of Your Elves

Count me in.

Marke, are you fishing tin or glass?

Bob G.

My Birhtday is the 27th and I could not think of a better way to spend it than meeting new freinds and fishin..

Bruce

Bob, I'm fishing in any boat that has room. If Andy Z. goes I'm fishing in his TV-18 at least once. Have you seen his record lately, he's on a role....LOL

Curtis I didn't forget you, I just didn't want to speak for you.

Don't worry Rob, sing it loudly and proudly..."We're gonna do what Ranger's never done. We're gonna catch and actually have some FUN."

Marke

and the next verse is " Thoses fish are realy hungry and some of us may get lucky so look out bass and watch those Trackers run" (Tracker can be replaced with Nitro to make you happy if you wish).

Bruce

Oh, lord.....

Men and Women of Kentucky -

Lock your doors! Shutter your windows! Hide your children; cover their eyes and ears! Send your daughters away to finishing schools! Send your dogs out into the yard! (On second thought, send your daughters to the yard and dogs to finishing schools!) Lock your boats and fishin' tackle in the shed! Move the moonshine deeper into the woods! Put a tight lid on the Slim Jim jar! Cover the bluegrass with a tarp!

The New Englanders are Coming!

Hey Scott, rednecks is rednecks no matter ware yur from, KY, GA, AL, WV, TN, NY, or NH! We hunt, we fish, we drink, we eat disgusting foods, we like fast cars and trucks and faster boats, and I ain't touching how I likes my woman! I got me huntin dogs and guns, beer in da frij, slab a meat on da grill and taters fryin in a pan. Now where are my overalls?????

We like it when the folks from up North to come down and visit. It shows us what we could have been since the original settlers left New England to come down here to live in God

yeeeeehaw, sounds like a hummdinger of a time I tell ya. My wife tells me I was born in the wrong decade in the wrong state. If it wasn't for my lack of a drawl, you'd swear I was born in GA in the 40's! Not that I'm prejudice (gotta be careful on this board) not at all. I'm just that redneck! Ifn it wurnt fur me havin da kids n wife, i'd be happy as a pig in @$#% livin in a tar paper shack in the hills with my guns, 4X4 and dogs. Longs as I got bacon, beer, and beans, the 3 basic food groups. And oh yeah, a nice new sparkly $35k bass boat in da front to increase my propertie valu!

Oh and Bear, all my relatives did head back south, seems to be more our way of life. Uncle went to KY, aunt and other uncle went to SC, another aunt went to GA, one uncle to FL, um that's about it. yup that's it I think! I would, but I can't take the heat, and can't leave Champlain!

Ok, who is going to bring the firesuits. There may be a TOXIC event at the rally. Kentucky is just close enough to tempt me into a road trip. I have an old neighbor/fishing partner that lives in Lexington but if it doesn't work out time wise for him (he is a regional manager for BestBuy), the non-payment makin end of my boat may be open.

As Steve Irwin would say, "Danger, Danger, Danger".

TOXIC

Curtis, If your going then I'll ride shot-gun with you. When we hook up with the boys we'll have chinese fire drills and hop from truck to truck and boat to boat. Bob G. has a CB in his truck so he lead the pack and keep his ears open for smokey reports. Hammer down boys.

Here come those Damn Yankee's!!!

Latest posts

Back