Memorial day weekend Pike Derby

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
OK folks, for those planning on coming up for the Memorial day blast at my place, here's the deal on the Happy Pike Derby across the road.

If you intend to fish it, please let me know ASAP. I will get you name put in. You can pay when you get here. It's $15 per person and it's for both Saturday and Sunday if anyone wants to fish both days, I plan to. The $15 also pays for you dinner one of those nights. There is also bands playing there. There is supposed to be about 100-150 people coming to fish it, from PA to Long Island. Great bunch of guys. I went over to see the one they had this weekend, only about 40 people, and I think a 5 1/2 lber was winning it. You don't win a LOT of money, maybe a couple hundred bucks and a genuine imiatation gold trophy, plus bragging rights. But it's a good time and we'll have drinks afterwards.

Also, who's planning on staying at my place.

Sue, I have the guest room reserved for you.

I also have a spare queen bed in the apt, since my sister in law is not staying there yet, and a fold out futon in my bar. There is also the couch in the living room and LOTS of room for anyone that wants to throw out sleeping bags in the living room, kids playroom, or the bar.

Oh, I'll also have my boys full size bed available.

If this past weekend was any indication, you're all in for a REAL fishing bonanza as usual in May on Champlain.

Mom's top 5 fish in only 2 hours on Saturday easily went 17 lbs. And in total, the two of us in only 4-5 hours of fishing boated nearly 60 fish.

Rick,

I have plenty of room. I'll "reserve" your room for you! I have room for 2-3 boats in the driveway and another 3 or 4 in the yard. Just remember to bring at least 100' lead cords to plug in. I only have 1 extra one.

Rob,

Curtis and I are staying at Bob's. Please put both of us in for the Pike Derby.

Thanks,

Marke

I plan on being there unless I break something between now and then. I also plan on entering the pike derby. If you've got the room I'll throw a sleeping bag down at your place.

Marke, I have you down, what is Curtis' last name? And where does he live, town? So you guys are just coming up that morning? Is Curtis bringing his boat or is Bob bring his? Or both? We have room for both if they want. I would think if the 3 of your are fishing together, you'd be better in Curtis' boat as it's a little bigger. But whatever you guys do, we can accomodate. Want to be sure everyone has a ride.

I'll have Sue and a neighbor, Eric, with me in my boat.

Rob,

I'm dragging my boat over to NY Saturday morning. Then I'm gonna go to the VT side and bass fish legally!! I'm not fishing in the pike derby. Then I'm gonna drag my boat back home Saturday night after eating your food! I'll probably launch on VT side Sunday and fish wherever. I'll give you a call before that weekend. I don't think I have your home number, so e-mail it to me.

Bob G.

Bob,

Are you guys coming over early on Saturday morning? Try to get here by 7:00 or earlier if you can ok? Is Marke staying at my place Saturday night and leaving from here?

Sunday, you running north to find any of us?

Sue,

Are you staying Friday night, Saturday night or both? Heading out Sunday morning?

Basically, WHO is showing up and when. Anyone coming Friday night? I don't usually get done work until 7:00PM and get home by 7:30, but I'll be leaving that night at 5:00 to be home for 5:30. The grill will be firing away. The derby includes a dinner, but it might be for Sunday night. So if it is, we'll eat at my place Saturday night. But if the dinner is Saturday, we'll eat over there and anyone still at my place Sunday night, we can have a BBQ that night. Anyone that wants to stay and fish for a while on Monday before heading back, that's open too. If I do fish Monday, I'll be cutting it short to work on the house some in the afternoon.

Boy I'd love to get some pike or musky. You guys up North have it made.

The chain pickerel down here just don't cut it. I'd love to nail a monster pike and feel that sucker tighten up my line!

Rob,

I'll let you know when Marke, Curtis and I are showing up. Should be early Saturday morning.

Bob G.

You guys are coming together right? Call me tonight Bob, after 8:30.

Loanshark,

You ain't missin' NUTHIN! Pike are nasty, smelly, slimy, pains in the @$$!!! They tear up your baits or steal them entirely. When you do have to hoist one into the boat, they crap all over the carpet and twist up in the net. Then they slime everything up and stink. Other than that, they're fine! LOL

They do put up a wicked fight. But the muskie up here are king. When you tie into a 30+ lber, and you're only using 20 lb test on a 7' hvy flippin stick and can't even budge the fish as he spools you, then you KNOW it's a monster. When they come up and swallow baby mallards whole....they're big!

Rob,

I am planning on getting to your place between 9 and 10 on Friday nite and staying until Sunday morningI'll need to head home for some rest after fishing!

Thanks again!

Sue

Works for me. You can sleep in until your heart's content in the guest room. On the back side of the house with the dark curtains, you wake up when you're ready, or until Marke and I sneak in to tatoo "Guest RULES" on your unsuspecting forhead! LOL

Actually, I think Marke might be heading out Sunday morning too, if he doesn't sneak in a little fishing. I'll have to really twist his arm I bet. I think Jim, Doug, Rick, and I will still be fishing that day.

Michelle even took Saturday night off to hang out and make sure we don't demolish the house. I have also secured an awesome air mattress for someone else to set up in the living room. But I have to get that 2nd bathroom working ASAP! LOL At least the toilet.

Rob,

I tried calling you Tuesday night at the number in your e-mail and it wouldn't go through. Is it the right phone number?

Bob G.

Latest posts

Back