2 for 2

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie Matney

Reaction score
This is my first season fishing tournys so I joined a club to get started. We came in second place at our first tourny on Green River a few weeks back. This weekend we got third on Douglas Lake in TN. The Douglas was a 2 day deal and we came back from 6th to get 3rd and a little money. I am 2 for 2 in getting checks. Next club tourny is in 4 weeks on a river and I have a fun tourny (a regular get together of some fishing buddies) next weekend on Douglas again. Alot of fishing and not enough time to sleep, thats the way it should be right??!! Anyway I am leading in Rookie of The Year and should be in striking distance for AOY. I hope it continues!!:D

Donnie

Keep up the good work Donnie. Hang on to the feeliing of the good tourneys because there will be a few that a lousy. Stay consistent and you'll get that Rookie award and win a few while you're at it.

Da Bear

I forgot to add that I got big fish on day one. It was only 3.5 pounds but that is a monster on Douglas this time of year. I netted a cool $120 and took my boater partner out to the ole' Cracker Barrel. Being at the hotel and seeing all the boats lined up every night was pretty cool. It seemed like everyone came to our boat and shot the bull for 20 minutes then more would come after they left. We went to bed late and got up early for 4 days (2 pre fish days). They whole 1st floor all the way around the building, prbally 20 to 30 rooms on each side, had boats with truck hooked to them ready to go at a moments notice. I wish I had taken a picture of it, oh well there will be more.

Donnie

GREAT Job Donnie! Keep it up and keep us informed!

Hey, you sell the Tracker yet?

Good job!

Tournement fishing isnt for anyone that likes to sleep....

Mini

Good Job Donnie!!!

You gonna fish the big one this weekend?

Trep I think I am gonna hang onto the Tracker, after putting over $100 of gas in my fishing partners Ranger, I am gonna stick to the $20 fill ups. Plus it's paid for to boot.

Sim I am fishing a get together this weekend on Douglas a bunch of of us have every year. Which big one you talling about? I know Brandies is having an employee tourny, I think 150 boats are supposed to be in it. Were gonna try to blast off a little early so we can bet the rush.

Donnie

Back