Bent prop- need help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvin Roberts

Reaction score
All,
I have a 1996 Nitro 170TF with a Mercury 115. It has a Quicksilver Laser 2 26P prop on it. A few years ago I bent the prop in the river and I am not able to even get on plane now. What are my options for replacing the prop? Should i try to go back with the same prop? I thought about seeing if the one I have can be straightened.

Find a local prop shop and send it to them and see if it is repairable, on that note mine never was the same after I got it back and ended up buying another one. I would remove the drain plug on the lower unit and see if there is water in there. Might need to replace seals.

I bent the prop on my Z19 Pro, which is a $700 prop. So, I sent mine to Cool Breeze Marine and George straighten and balanced it and it is as good as new. He does not use heat to repair. Check out his Website: Propeller Repair Lake of the Ozarks | Cool Breeze Marine
You can ship it to him and he will ship it back. I was happy with his services. If fact I damaged another one of my 4 blade props and getting ready to send it to him.

Latest posts

Back