1st tournament of "05

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
We had our first tourney at Lake Shelbyville on Saturday. The water is SUPER low. Way below winter pool.

Needless to say fishing was tough. I managed 1 fish at 1.64 pounds which was good enough for second place. Weather was nice. Good time all in all.

Yeah..... What Toxic said..... Guess it's a good thing we all didn't get together there for a rally.....

What happened? Did they just drop the lake for the winter and then not get the spring rains? Or has it been low rainfall over hte past year?

Mine was Sunday on the Chesapeak Bay, caught 1 short fish (15" min) that was close to 2.5 that would have gotten me a top 5 I think. Water was high and muddy from all the rain the last two weeks.

BF

You caught a fish under 15" that weighed 2.5? that was one fat little dude.

The water was very high at Shelby a couple weeks before. I don't know why they lowered it so much. Anticipation for spring rains I guess.

When I hooked him he started pulling line like a 5 lber, (had to readjust the drag) but he put up a good fight.

BF

I know your pain Bruce fished the Gunpoder & Middle river this weekend & only landed one each day just under the 15" min. but they were fat!

Back