1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1st Boat

Thread in 'Marine Electronics' started by Michael Medley, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Michael Medley

Michael Medley New Member

I have my 1st boat and I am reworking it a 1996 Bass Tracker , the wiring is the hardest, the dashboard a its switches because you can not read what they are , there are 4 switches , the starter switch and a little round switch of some kind ? Can anyone name them and tell what they do . I think I have two of the 4 right , thanks for you help !

2. cq

cq Well-Known Member

Try http://www.tacklereviewer.com/freebies/tracker-boats-wiring-diagram and see if it helps. You will not find a schematic for any boat, just a color code for wiring. You may have to search just boat wiring. If you post good pictures a number of people can help just by looking at the layout. A boat wiring color code will not give you the color code for the motor you will need to find a color code site for the outboard. The starter switch if I am understanding you correctly you insert the key, push in for choke, and then turn and start. At a minimum on the dash should be Navigation lights (running/off/anchor) and one for the live well.

3. Michael Medley

Michael Medley New Member

Thank for info!

4. Mike Clayton

Mike Clayton Well-Known Member

Michael, as you know one is ignition, I have 2 for live well, circulate & aerator, one will fill well (put plug in bottom) the other just adds oxy by circulating. The other is the navigation lights. The one next to the ignition switch on mine is the bilge pump. I'm not counting ignition as a switch. So I have a total of 4 + ignition.... I have newer tracker but they should be about the same.