1st 6 pounder in over 15 years!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM SHINN

Reaction score
This is my biggest 6 lbs bass in quite a long time. It took me over 15 years to catch another one this big. My personal best is 6 & 3/4 lbs caught in NJ on Game Creek. This is my personal best largemouth bass 6.2 lbs in Delaware weighed on a Berkely Digital Scale. It was showing row on her and released it immediately. Caught several bass over 5 lbs. over the years but it's been tough for me to break 6. My next goal is to get one over 7 lbs now. I was telling my fishing partner that day it's been a long time since I've caught one over 6 lbs and this day I did it.

Water temps: 49

Water: Stained

Air temp: 50

Winds: WNW winds 15 to 25 mph

Lure: Zoom Baby Brush Hog black w/ blue fleck

6.2 lbs Lake Como e.JPG

Way to go Jim!! Beautiful Fish. There's a lot of small lakes over there in Delaware that have heavyweight bass swimming around so maybe that 7-LBer won't be long coming!:cool:

Uncle Billy

That thing looks like a football! I am with you on catching one that size. I caught a 5.77 two weeks ago which was my best in over 25 years!! Keep working on the 7, I know I am!

Man, that's a healthy lookin' fish. Congrats brutha. Mama has the biggest fish in the house, 8lbs, and trust me, I hear about it ALL the time.......ha ha ha. I've caught three fish weighing 6.5, just can't seem to break that barrier. It'll come some day! Congrats.

Jim

Nie fish! Making this wolverine extremely jealous....

Jim - WOW!! I haven't had one over 6lbs yet - GREAT fish!!

Great fish Jim! I was lucky enough last year to have a 7+ largemouth and a 6+ smallmouth in the same year. I will be hard pressed to repeat one let alone both again in the same year!

Tim

nice fish - good luck on the 7 pound barrier, its hard to break on public water in most parts of the country.

Congrat's. Very nice fish.

I have one 6lb'er (actually 6.23 weiged in a tourney), and that's my PB. Need to fish more.

Tex

Back