1994 Nitro 180 TF --- 2 questions

• Thread starter Mark Stackpoole
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Stackpoole

Reaction score
Hello! I was looking for a little bit of help from someone that may know more than me about an older Nitro boat...

It is a 1994 Nitro 180 TF. I just purchased this boat a few weeks ago and have not yet had it out on the water, but I am looking to do so later this week...I spent some time on it, tinkering, this past weekend, and two things struck me as odd:

1) I see no drain plug. I spent 5-10 minutes looking on the transom(interior and exterior) below the motor area...I did not see any drain plug. Any ideas?

2) Mercury (Tracker) 115 HP Oil Injected motor--- The engine states that it is oil injected, but I do not see an oil reservoir near or around the fuel tank area..could I be missing it and/or could it be located somewhere other than the transom holding area where the fuel tank and batteries are?

any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks and have a great day!

There is a drain way underneath the transom.

Lay down on your back and look under the boat. I have a 190tf and that is where the plug is located on my boat. As far as you oil, I have a different motor than yours. Did you try to look under the motor's hood??

MP

Mark I am not sure about the drain plug but the oil reservoir will be on the motor itself under the cowling. There may even be a cap on the cowling that you can take off to access the oil reservoir.

Enjoy the boat!

Randy!

Thanks, Mike! I did not look under the hood, but will tonight. and i will check out that plug location tonight, as well.....

thanks alot for the info and quick response...good luck fishing this year!

Latest posts

Back