15 days to go!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
In 15 days many of you will be in tow on your way to the 2nd annual Tracker and Nitro owners rally on the famed Lake Champlain. Is the boat waxed? Reels spooled? Casting arm well rested? Room reserved? Oil changed in the truck? ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE???????? LOL Oh yeah, is the Corona on ice? I for one cannot wait. After a HARD fought weekend with temps in the 40's and only 40 fish days, we are now up for high 60's today and 70's tomorrow. If my prop was not in the shop, I'd be on the water. I will be posting fishing reports after my trips this weekend. Be sure to read them for tips for any of you who have never visited before or are new to tourneys. My advice is to help level the playing field, so hands off Mac! LOL AND Mac's big fish contest will be officially underway at that point, so the chances of the smallmouth category getting wrapped up during the rally are very good. There are 7lbers lurking out there folks, and 8+ lb largemouth. For the multi-species seekers, we have been doing extremely well this year on pike and muskie. A fellow guide targeted pike this past week one day and boated 50 pike ranging from 3-16 lbs! It's all yours for the taking! Great fishing, great friends, great food, and.........BEER. If you so choose. For any of you ladies attending that do not intend to fish. Feel free to contact my wife as she is looking forward to maybe taking families to the preserve for some nature walks and picnics or to the mall to spend the money I'll be taking from Mac and Ken at the rally! LOL Really guys, I'm pumped and the weather seriously delayed the stage of prespawn bass both species, so we will most likely encounter fishing the likes of which you have never seen or even dreamt possible. Best of luck to everyone, and come on June!

Keep your words soft and sweet big dog,...like Scott's strawberries!! 'Cuz if a local "GUIDE" get's spanked by two out of towners who've never fished the lake,.......you do realize the grief, embarrasement and down right humiliation that will be cast upon you don't you??!!....and wait'll Pierre and I get goin' on Bradours'!!...We may not even wait until weigh-in before we start in on your hiney!!! You will rue the day that you ever called yourself a guide!! Neeley,..grab your rods and the net,...we have a job to do!!!..LOL

mac

I can remember a day last fall where myself and Bassin Fool

traveled from upstate NY to Table Rock in Mo. and spanked

some local guides on their own water. It can happen.....

It can. And if it does, it won't be the first time or probably the last. It's all in good fun, but if I lose, it won't be by much! If fact I would prefer that someone else take away the gold! I know firsthand the feeling of taking away a trophy from water you have never fished before. It's a rush! I'm just messing with ya Mac, if you don't make me work, I'll be dissappointed. Also keep in mind, I have been giving up some of my best spots to you guys! So do remember me, and not post in on BFHP! Whoever fishes with me......be prepared to fish HARD! No time to eat, scratch, or whiz! We got 5 toads to catch and a short time to catch them! LOL But seriously, I think it is going to take a 20lb bag to win. And if history repeats itself, it will be an out of towner to win it. I am fine with that as long as we all pull hefty limits! If I weigh in 18-19 lbs and lose, I can deal with that.

I know you're just doggin' us,.....I'm just messin' with you too....I'm going up there to have fun, meet everyone,..and yank a bunch of toad smallies,.......winning this rally tournament is NOT my #1 priority,....just going and meeting everyone is already going to be better than winning!! But,..I'd be fired up to get on a bunch of 4lb'rs.......that would ROCK!!

mac

Rob, thanks for setting this event up, I'm sure we're all going to have a great time. As a matter of fact, I think the fishing will be secondary (blasphemy!!! I know) But dude! Your setting yourself up for a fall here. Your going to be playing host to some mighty fine anglers. Just hope there are enough coolers of cold beer to help ease your pain a bit.

See ya in a couple of weeks!

I know, that's why if I actually WIN.......hey, then I can say I beat some of the nations best. If I lost, it was to some of the best. I just want to blast off in a tourney and weigh in. Nothing like it win, lose, or draw! To be honest, I don't expcet to win. Home water advantage can also be a disadvantage. You get into ruts and don't explore or fish hard. If fact, I'm already behind, yeah that's it. I'll start making excuses now so when I lose, I'll have all the bases covered. Oh, BTW, got my prop back. Seriously considering bangin in tomorrow! LOL Sunny, 75 and CALM water will have those toads stacked on top of one another!

yeah....sore mouth a buncha toads before we get up there,...then you'll give us the weighpoints and say,.."Here,...you guys drove ALLLL this way just to fish...so fish HERE!!!......but if you don't catch any,..it's because I STUCK 'EM ALL FOR THE LAST TWO WEEEEEKS!!!"...LOL...jive turkey!!!!

Brings up a completely different question...

Have you ever "for sure" caught the same bass? Not days or weeks later, but within a few casts??? I was always under the impression that they did "sore mouth" and stress out enough that they would not bite again for some amount of time...However, in speaking with a Stratos owner (no offense) at the ramp the other day, he swore that the caught the same bass within a few casts...

What do you think???

az

ABSOLUTELY! So go cry over there Mac! LOL Andy, I have hooked the same bass 3 times inside of 45 minutes in a tourney. Lost him the first 2 times but kept after him. It was in ultraclear water and I could see him the whole time. Also, last year I posted about cutting the line and leaving tube in smallies. They were taking the bait very deep and to remove it would almost surely kill them. So I cut the line and wished them the best. Also the reason I use strictly bronze and not SS hooks, so that they rust out. In 1 week last year, we caught the same 3 1/2 lb smallie 3 times. On a Saturday we hooked him for the first time and cut off the line. Sunday we caught him again because the bait was still in there from Saturday and he bit in the same spot. The second bait also had to be left in, pretty well jamming up his throat. I thought for sure he as done for and would not be able to swallow. The following Saturday he proved me wrong and hit AGAIN! At approaching the boat, I immediately recognized the fish at first sight and couldn't believe it. Sure enough, both baits still down there and the third packed in beside them. Fortunately, by then the first hook had started to rust enough that I was able to remove it without harming the fish. But that forever changed my perception on prefishing and a fish's durability

I remember catching a 2lb bass under a distinct tree. I "notched" the dorsal fin and returned him. I caught him 6 times during that summer under the same tree and gained a full pound.

O.K. Boys are we putting an extra little wager on these big statements ?

Pierre

As someone who has never fished a tourney before, I'm pretty pumped about the Rally. It's comforting to know that you guys will teach me about tourney fishing rather than take advantage of my inexperience.

My BPS order came in today. I purchased a weigh bag, a culling system and some "catch & release" stuff for my livewell. I also picked up a few new baits and stuff that I used while I was up there.

My truck is going in the shop tomorrow for a thorough inspection. I don't want to be left on the side of the highway again...Which reminds me, make sure you all have truck fuses.

I can't wait to meet most you guys and I especially can't wait to hook into those fish again!!! These are going to be the longest 15 days of my life.

Marke

Um yeah, we won't take advantage. Hey Marke, how about an extra $20 spot on it, and I'll give you one of my "super good" spots out in 120 feet of water! No really, I won't tell anyone else about it. You'll have it all to yourself! LOL

120 feet huh?? Ok, I'll just drop a 10lb jig n' pig on Champy's head and knock him unconcious. When he floats to the surface I'll tow him to point au roche and weigh him in. Beat that with your measly little 20lb bag of bass.....LOL

Marke

Latest posts

Back