Z6 top spped

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john horn

Reaction score
I have a new 08 z6 with a 90hp, what sppeds are you guys getting from the setup? Havs anyone changed the factory setup with a 90 to improve performance?

Mine, at present, has the 115 Opti and gets 46 with factory setup. 5.5 inch jackplate and 22p PowerTech prop it gets 50 gps. I am curious, you are the first I have talked to with the 90hp on a Z6, what kind of performance do you get and are there any issues with your boat and motor?

I am getting about 40gps with a SS Laser II 21P prop. The boat has a couple of issues that the dealer should have caught before sending it out but over all the boat is fine. The only issue I wish they could fix is the leaning. When i bought the boat it had a very rough idle aand the tach was off. I only have had the boat a couple of months but coming from years of mod v's it is a hugh difference. I would love to get my boat to the 45mph mark but dont think that will happen. I got a very good deal on the boat, $16400 for a NEW '08 Z6 DC. It came from a dealer that went bankroupt and Basspro was giving great deals.

Shoot me an email and I will add you to my list of people to advise when Tracker gets finished with my "leaning" issue they are working on. My 115 has a SS Laser II 20p, how is your hole shot with the 21p?

Hole shot is fine. Sometimes at wot it feels like it has another boost of speed, maybe it is not completely on plane.

Next time out when you can stretch it out try making a long slight turn to the left and see if it jumps up a little. At 40 mph, mine is still sitting in the water.

I've had my boat since April 08, about 2 months ago I too it out for a spin on the river trying out a different prop. I knew the boat had a list to drivers side even at WOT, I was making a very slight turn to left negotiating the river when the rpm's suddenly jumped and the boat righted itself and ran like a dream. I think it was the first time it was truely on pad until I had to straighten up or run into the bank. Try it and see what happens.

Latest posts

Back