1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Z17 Power Pole

Thread in 'Nitro & Tracker Owners' started by Bill Suter, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Bill Suter

Bill Suter New Member

Recently purchased a 2018 Nitro Z17, my son wants to have a Power Pole installed. When I went to the dealer today and inquired about the purchase and install they had to reach out to Tracker Marine. Their response
    "
    Power poles are not an option on the Nitro Z 17, and as such we do not recommend their install. If a customer does decide to install them, it would affect the warranty, meaning, that if the power poles caused any damage, that damage would not be covered under our warranty. The rest of the boat would be covered under the normal warranty, just not this area. "

Also, on a boat as small as the Z 17, there could be performance concerns from the added weight of the power poles.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional clarification, please let me know.
    "

Has anyone installed or had installed a Power Pole or Talon on their Z17. Would a Jack Plate take care of any issues? Any and all information would be helpful.
    Thanks,

2. Bobby Babcock

Bobby Babcock Member

I’m curious about the jack plate also? Also, I have seen these boats listed at 17’ and 17.5 feet (mine is a 2016 with a Mercury 115). What do I have??

3. Larry Williams

Larry Williams Well-Known Member

Jack plates have the holes, or can be drilled for the pole mounts, without affecting the boat transom. Consider using the new GPS controlled troll motors that "spot lock". Unless you are fishing very shallow water, I don't think that there is much disadvangage with these troll motors like the Minn Kota Ultrex or Motor Guide brand units. I never could justifly the extreme cost on power poles in spite of the obvious advantage you gain in some areas. On smaller boats, added weight is a more significant factor.

4. Bobby Babcock

Bobby Babcock Member

Uh......will you address Jack Plates specifically, not that they have holes for power poles, ie, what dis/advantages can a Jack plate bring to the table?

5. Larry Williams

I'm not the right person to say really since I dont use power poles- I was just noting that attaching the pole hardware to the jack plate eliminates drilling the transom further. There are specific brackets that can be purchase for that purpose. My Atlas Hydarulic Jack plate has some extra holes down the side plate that I expect are used for those mounts.

6. jerry shack

jerry shack Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine had a 2013 Z17 and we installed a Hyd. jack plate and 2 power poles. He had to purchase the 2 adaptor plates that power pole sells to mount the the poles to the jack plate. We had enough room in the bilge for the pumps. However it did make the boat plane a lot slower. So we made a prop change and that cured that problem.

7. Larry Williams

Yeah. the weight isn't that extreme but the location of the weight couldn't be worse- right on the tail end.