XPS tackle trays wanted!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
If anyone can find the double sided crankbait bait trays by XPS Performance Series at Bass Pro, please let me know. I will pay you for them plus shipping and I throw in some tackle goodies for you. These hold about 30-40 small cranks and aren't that much thicker than the typical tackle trays. They do have latches and grooves when open on both sides. I was told today they discontinued them and I really want 2 or 3 more. These trays save so much room in my tackle bag when I am a coangler. Thanks!

These trays are called:

XPS HARDBAIT ORGANIZERS

I have a few Falcon trays and bought 2 more last night. They have the grooves but they are not double sided. The XPS trays I am talking about hold twice as many crankbaits as the Falcons.

Teri,

I know which ones you are talking about. They are NOT being discontinued (I had the Merch Mgr of Detroit BOS look it up), but they be changing them. I bought 8 on Sunday last week. 4 skinny ones and 4 thick ones. I think they only had 4 left in the store.

Call up to BPS Detroit (248-209-4200) and ask for Brad, Fishing Manager. He should be able to help you locate some or ship you what he has left. Tell him I sent you.

Mini, Brad wasn't there. I talk to Rich and he said they had 3 left but he would not ship them to me. He did tell me the name:

XPS HARDBAIT ORGANIZERS

Teri,

Do you know the Plano model #?

Is it the 4700-00-Two Tier Stowaway?

I would appreciate anyone going to BPS to look for me. I know shipping is a pain but I will try to make it worth your time by sending you back some good stuff.

Ken, I saw some Plano models at BPS that were 2 tiered but they had "fixed" sections in the box instead of the grooves that keep things single file and the treble hooks in check (if that make any sense). If I can't get the XPS's, I will stick with the Falcon crankbait boxes. They have the grooves but are single sided.

I would appreciate anyone going to BPS to look for me. I know shipping is a pain but I will try to make it worth your time by sending you back some good stuff.

Ken, I saw some Plano models at BPS that were 2 tiered but they had "fixed" sections in the box instead of the grooves that keep things single file and the treble hooks in check (if that make any sense). If I can't get the XPS's, I will stick with the Falcon crankbait boxes. They have the grooves but are single sided. Do you have a web site to order from? I would be a great customer. No sponsors and fish alot. :p

My website is messed up at the moment.....

But I am only a phone call or text away, and I will ship to you, unlike the big-box store you called today!!! :p:D

Teri I will share. Do you need them now or can you wait to get them in person?

I can send 2 of the thin ones and 2 of the thick ones.

Teri,

When they call it "tackle", that doesn't mean you have to buy enough to equal the weight of Albert Haynesworth!!:D:p:p

Teri

I went to Bass Pro tonight and got on the computer. That particular model has been discontinued due to the manufacturer quiting production. I'm having a buddy in fishing (I'm in guns) try and pull some in from other stores. Unfortunately there are few left and the other stores may hang on to them.

fatrap

Funny I was told by our merch mgr that they were NOT being discontinued....strange how i trust this info more....

fatrap have they discontinued the XPS Signature Series Monofiliment???? I was told yes. And that they are reformulating the Excel line. I hope they come up with a premier mono soon......I have enough to last about another summer and then??????? Might have to move to Berkley.

Mini,

Try the Sufix Elite series mono. It kicks Berkley's butt IMHO. Small diameter and great strength. It also doesn't have the memory that I find with Berkley lines.

Scott

I have been using Sufix for four years and am very happy with it....

+3 on the suffix. I use the siege and the elite and i really like them both. The elite is nice and limp and the siege which is what i use most of the time is super, super tough. I like the camo color too, it's almost invisible in stained water. I like Excel too but i find it a little stretchy.... I have never really liked any of the trilene lines at all, too stiff and way too much memory.

Teri, i will be at my local bass pro on this coming Tuesday and if i see any i will grab them for you.

I appreciate everyone checking. If I could get my hands on one small XPS crankbait organizer and one big xps crankbait organizer, I would be super happy. I don't want to take Mini's from him.

Teri,...don't worry about taking Mini's....he's got more chit in his basement and garage than most mom and pop stores!! He's got rod's in plastic from 5 years ago!! TAKE anything he offers and DON'T feel guilty about it!!!! LOL

Mac, I broke down and asked Mini for 1 small tray and 1 large. It's amazing how bad a $10 item can create a "want" when you can't "have".:cool:

I will send them out next week T. Good luck this weekend.

Latest posts

Back