Wow, tough bite!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Buzz and I went out a little while on Saturday and did well. But we were out all day yesterday and the lake was just perfect. The lake was like glass, weather was beautiful. No real boat traffic until much later in the day, but the fish were chillin too and not too cooperative. If it had been a tourney, we would have been spanked. But Buzz learned to NEVER count out the NYer! He fatally cursed himself in the morning by claiming he was going to outfish me. Well, I caught a limit! LOL He did pull his weight and caught a couple of nice fish that would have been crucial in a tourney. The amazing part was that we covered a LOT of water yesterday and only boated about 7 keepers all day between both of us. We SAW lots of fish with the camera in a couple of spots but couldn't coax them into biting. Gotta be those dog day blues I guess. Definately NOT a Classic performance. Though my 5 fish would have outweighed Iaconelli's! LOL

I hear ya Rob! Yesterday was NOT a good day at all! Wife and I only boated 4 keepers during the tournament yesterday.... a sad showing to say the least.

She was so p'd she said to me we are fishing the next one on the 30th just to prove ourselves, haha!

Now I just have to get her out more often for some practice.

Oh... little advice guys...DON'T FORGET YOUR WIFES FISHING POLE AT HOME!!!!!!!!

Rob,

I think I just missed you and Buzz by an hour on Saturday afternoon. My son and I were out in the afternoon and only boated 3 bass - all keepers. Best one was 2lbs. I lost 3 jig/pigs while fishing the railroad bridge. Fishing was a lot slower Saturday than the club tourney we had in the same area last Wednesday. I caught 15 that day and best 5 weighed 12.95lbs. That's why I have to work a regular job!!!

Bob G.

Shoulda bounced on down with the boys on the Potomac....We slayed' em'. Kb made the comment that if it was a tourney, we would have all blanked!! LOL

TOXIC

Rob,

Sat was good for me also, infact the first 2 cast in front of my place I got a couple of 3 pounders. Got 6 fish in about 1 1/2 hours. Sunday I fished for about an hour and nothing.

Douglas,

I was fishing south of the bridge in the passsage way on Saturday and should have cruised by and caught your fish! Are you going to be there this Friday?

Bob G.

Hey Rob,

I took dylan out on wednesday. I boated 4 keepers the biggest was 3.1. I snapped off a good one in the tires.

Give me a call.

Kenny

Kenny, give me a call on my cell when you get the chance. The 17th is the Green MTN open out of Mallets bay in Colchester. Buzz and I just put out entry in. It would be nice to have you and your buddy there too. It's $160 per team which includes lunker, and you need to have insurance on your boat. You need a copy of the binder page to go in with the entry. Let me know if you want to fish it.

Bob G.

No, I am back in MA now, I was up for 2 weeks, I will be back up the weekends of the 16th and 23rd and Aug 29 thru Sept 7 and then whenever TOX wants to come up. Didn't I hear someone say "mini rally"?

Back