WOW One and One Half Inch Below Pad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I hadn't really checked the prop to pad, I put a level on it quickly just to see approx distance. Today I leveled the boat(on the pad), leveled the the motor(bottom horizonal fin) put a straight piece of 2" wood on the point below the drain plug and leveled it. And then I did it again, and again and again. The pad was between the little water hole for speed on the front of the motor and the point of the bullet. I swear the water pressure was reading at 15 or above at 50 mph, didn't look at it at 64 I was too busy with the chine walk, I had it serviced last week and the bill said "no codes". I dropped the motor to 2 3/4 and put the wrenches in the boat for my trip this weekend. That, I guess, could have a lot to do with the chine walk at 64 mph. The service manager put the jp on and said he eyeballed the height.

yep. lower that bad boy and try again, and again, and again lol. I would start at 3.5 below and work my way up....easier that way IMO

I think my next rig is gonna be the z7 with a 200. if I can ever sell my 901;)

No codes does not mean the impeller isn't burned, vanes bent or roached. Running that high, you can easily go from water pressure read in the guage to steam pressure. If it were me, I'd drop that brand new lower unit and visually inspect the impeller vanes. If it saves a blown powerhead, it'll be worth the 20 min. to do it. Just a thought. ;)

Ran it up to 64 again today, didn't want to go any higher due to rough water, rpm at 64 gps right at 5000 and water pressure above 20psi. Guess I need to move it back up some. I couldn't really tell if I had chine walk or just rough water, a slight left turn made no difference so I quess it was the water.

Back