Would it be possible...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
Hello all!!!

There are sooo many people on this board that are unable to make it to the rally this year, myself included due to work. Would it be possible for someone to be the rally reporter to post on this board the daily results of the rally so we can feel like we are there? I know this is asking a lot, but could someone bring a digital camera and a laptop and post the daily results on the board with photos? Sort of a docu-journalist?

Just a thought,

Barb

Barb,

I have neither a digital camera nor a laptop. I will most probably be very busy those days, but Sunday night, I will find my way to a pc to post some updates. I will be taking regular pics to post the week following.

Rob - A suggestion, even if someone else brings a digital camera up. The one I keep on the boat is a real CHEAPY! It cost $29.99 at office max last fall. I've checked on the web (not in the last month though) and many sites have them for $25-35.00 all the time. Its a Jam Cam. It's only 640X480 pixels (think 1/2 a mega pixel) but for web site pictures its Perfect! It doesn't have the cool view screen or cards (for storing huge amount of pic's) it stores 8 pics at a time. But for $30 it stays in a ziplock back on the boat and if some day I loose it or drop it in the lake, no sweat!

Just an idea. I've got a decent digital camera for the car (1.3 megapixels and a nice 2 inch screen with the media cards, 3 years ago is was really DECENT, now it's low end).

OK Gang,

From the feed back I received from my post about last weekends trip, I'll take the job.

What I'll do is bring my 35mm (the one you all saw the pics from). I'll get pics developed, 1 hour at wally world. I'll bring my scanner and laptop. As long as I can dial-up from the Stonehelm or (Robs house,it's a 1-800 number) I'll post daily antics and pics.

Marke

Marke,

Why don't you and Trep tag team the project? All you would have to do is load the software for the camera on the laptop and then you wouldn't have to worry about lugging a scanner along or trying to get pictures developed and scanned.

Just the 2 cents from a guy wishin he could go!

Rich D

The only problem there Rich is that Trep's not coming to the rally either.. OOh, I just remembered. MY dad has a really nice digital camera...I'll see if I can borrow it.

Marke

Thanks all for volunteering to do this! A special thanks to Marke for officialing getting the job! I know there are a lot of you on this board that will be looking forward to Marke stories!

Thanks again Marke!

Barb

Latest posts

Back