Worm Dye- How to Clean Off Seats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry Lindley

Reaction score
My fishing buddy left a couple of Zoom chartreuse worms on one of my seats last Sauurday, and when I picked them up this morning to discard, there were 2 chartreuse lines on the seat. I know there has to be something that can get this off of the seats, what will take this off? Thanks in advance.

The heat is finally doing a number on the middle TN bass right now.....Had to get off early today- upper 90's is tough....

Berry,

I am not sure if it will work, but you may want to try "Spike It" Nuetralizer dip. Here is a link. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchResults?searchOption=products&hvarSearchString=spike+it&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&CMID=TOP_SEARCH_GO

Another trick may be "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Sponge. I use them on my hull and boat seats but have not had the stain you spoke of. You can get them at any grocery store, Wal Mart, or Target. Hopefully one of these will help.

Dan..................

I hate to tell you, but sunlight and time will be your best friend on those dye stains. A faint transfer should come out fairly quick with enough exposure to sunlight. A deeper stain may take a while, if it does. Be careful when choosing your cleaners and the amount used. I've seen folks try and fix a small dye stain by leaving an even larger discoloration from the cleaner and elbow grease. Try using a Q-tip and neutralizer or common household (20%) bleach (lighter seats only!) Using a small amount of acetone with the Q-tip can be a big help, but you must be very careful and use small amounts. (Get the Q-tip wet with acetone and gently rub the stain area only.) It will fade with time and slight stains will just about disappear. In the future, carry a bottle of the neutralizer with you and throw a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in the boat, too. The H2O2 does a great job on a fresh stain/spill as a follow up to the neutralizer and can clean cuts, dress wounds, clean windshields..... Good luck!

Tee - Those work on boat seats too? MAN My wife brought 30 back to Shanghai for cleaning the walls/marks off our rented apartment WOW they are amazing!!!

Trep

Tee - I'll make sure Beka stocks up on then, I left a friend about 15 when I moved out of the large apartment, her maid thought it was truly MAGIC!

You can get the magic erasers at grocery stores/dept. stores. They work great for material transfer removals. (scuffs, rub marks, crayons, etc.) Keep in mind, a dye stain is the leakage of the dye into the fabric or weaving of the seat material. The eraser could help some, but rubbing a dye stain would be the last thing I do. I would first try to break up the dye with a liquid cleaner/neutralizer to keep it from being irrevocably ground into the fibers. Just a thought. Good luck!

Doesn't Spike It sell a nuetralizer? That may be a better idea......

These marks are not from a dip, they are from the Zoom "factory" worm coloring, it isn't from Spike it or anything like that.. (Don't ask me why the bass bite something like this, they just do).

Both are dyes transferred that are very similarly adressed by the removal methods recomended. Ed just colors his before molding is the main difference. On a similar note, and a good spring bait, is a white bag and a pink bag of Zoom Flukes mixed together and left to set. The dye transfer turns the white fluke to a flesh-like color that works great on pre-spawners. The neutralizer would definitely be a great way to start before more aggressive tactics.

AND don't leave ANY plastic trailers on your spinnerbaits...the rubber around the collar.. certain plasics will eat it away. Put them away after use in dry storage;)

OK at lunch I took all the imput and went out to the garage to tackle this. I put a solution of water and bleach with a toothbrush on it, and it did lighten it up a little. I followed this with some Tuff Stuff uhholstery/vinyl cleaner that I had laying around, and after doing both of these, it is pretty hard to see, I think with time the balance will go away from the sun bleaching that Dan suggests will happen. Now, that seat looks so good I'm going to have to do the rest of them. Thanks All,

Back