Wiring Schematics

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich D

Reaction score
Hi All,

Back from the great outdoors of Ontario. The fishing was not as good as I had hoped, a couple of small cold fronts pushed through the week we were there and we couldn't stick to one pattern. We caught a lot of average size fish, but nothing to brag about. I did lose about a 40" musky. I hooked it while using a bomber 6a casting for bass, with no steel leader. I got it to the boat, then it got mad. Fought for about 30 seconds and then gone! Oh well.

Anyway after the first day, my tach and speedo stopped working. When fishing, I frequently toss my life jacket under the console until I run the motor again, and think I may have knocked something loose. Does anyone have or know where I can get some schematics for a 2001 ProAngler 16?

Thanks

Rich D

Rich,

The tach wiring is part of the motor wiring harness, not the boat wiring. If it's a Merc, it's pretty simple. The +12VDC is supplied to the tach by a purple wire from the ignition switch, the ground is black, and the sender wire that comes from the voltage regulator on the motor is grey.

The speedo has no electrical connections other than the instrument light. It is operated from direct water pressure from the pitot tube, so the tube is probably plugged, kinked, or disconnected. However, if it was disconnected, you should be getting lots of water under the dash while running.

From your discreption, it's kind of hard to imagine something that would be common to both failures.

Russ