Wiring Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
I wanted to wire a row of Diamond Lites onto my trailer and had a dumb question about wiring. The Diamond Lite has the positve and negative wiring and I wanted to know if I could connect it into the same wiring as the side clearance lights.

Without splicing longer wiring, the clearance light wiring is the closest electrical wiring I see.

Any help / guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks - Bill, the Mad Kayaker

You should be able to, as long as they are 12v DC lights (which I assume they are). Just need to make sure they get a good ground connection to the trailer.

Tex

If they are 12v (I have know idea what a diamond lite is) splice into the brown wire on the trailer for power and splice into the white wire for the ground, or just ground it to the trailer. As long as the mounting hardware does not cause a ground also it does not matter which wire is pos or neg.

BF

Thanks guys - I will try this out next weekend. Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Bruce F - I tried to splice in just as you stated and I could not get the ligths to come on. I also then tried to reverse it and no luck. I connected a 12V battery to the leads and they lit so I know the lights aren't burnt out and the wiring didn't short. Anyone know if you can't connect to the clearance lighting or if the power going to that is somehow not enough?

Thanks, Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Latest posts

Back