Wiring fishfinder on the bow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Baines

Reaction score
Good morning all, I have been lurking around NTOWS for a while now but this is my first post. Plenty of good information on the boards, so I was hoping for a little help. I am attempting to install an Eagle 320 on the bow of my 06 PT 175. I have everything in place & all that is left is making the electrical connection. I opened the panel where the TM plug & T/T switch is and found two open wires (black & red) that I assume is for the fishfinder. However, upon testing the wires I discovered they are not getting any power. I looked back at the battery for any unconnected wires but didn't find anything. Is there someting in the fuse panel I should be looking at ? Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks,

Dave

DAve on my NITRO the power came on with the ignition. I took power off of the trolling motor with no problems. I hope this helps?

Barry from La.:)

It might be switched power meaning you have to turn the master switch on first.

Thanks Guys, I never even gave the ignition switch a thought....Hopefully it is that simple, I will try tonight.

Thanks Again,

Dave

It should be pwered by the master power NOT the ignition.

BMCD is right,....it'll be hot when the master power is "on",......you don't have to have the engine running to get power,.....just turn on the Master Power switch.;)

Thanks everyone, I would have gone through this trial and error too, I will be mounting one this spring.....I'll look for an open connector in there instead of splicing in. Shoulda known that they would have that since dealers usually rig these......

Dave,

I have a 06 PT175, Those wires are the ones that I used. I dont have to turn my key on there is power there all the time. email me with your phone number and Ill try to help out.

Mark

Thanks for the replies. I tried the FF with the master power on but still no luck. I didn't have enough time tonight to open the panel & check the wires directly, so I just tried to power up the FF. Tomorrow I should have time to get in there & check the wires, maybe I just have a loose connection....:angry:

Dave,

You might check and see if you see an orange and black wiring under the bow shroud. Tracker uses two versions of the harness one with red/black one with orange black. One time I saw a purple/black

If they are not always hot (should be, due to the fact they are run to the fuse panel)

Check all your fuses under the console

Sometime they forget to put a fuse in the slot ( look for your hot wire coming in to the side of the fuse panel and make sure it has a fuse)

Sometimes they forget to hook the wire up to the fuse panel

If all that stuff is order, pull the the lead off the fuse panel and crimp a new end on it as it probably has a bad crimp

If this doesn't help call me at 417-891-5289, rigged a ton of bow fishfinders on these boats.

Josh

Dave - If all else fails, go to the Resources, Grab Bag and pull up the article I wrote years ago about putting one on my PC 175 (before Tracker put the wires up front), it works great!

Josh sounds like you have done this before:D....that is exactly what the riggers at my marina just told me. Hopefully a fuse in the panel will take care of it. Thanks

Trep, I just pointed a friend with an older tracker to your article in the grab bag, good information. Thanks

Thanks again to everyone that helped.

Dave

Latest posts

Back