Loose Hot Wire To Fuse Panel

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Douglas

Reaction score
Spent the day yesterday attempting to troubleshoot what appeared to be a loose connection somewhere in the myriad of wiring. Several times now I have noticed that both my bow and driver console mounted sonar units would turn off unexpected during operation and dimmer light setting would recycle. Particularly in rough, choppy water. Given both units would shut down simultaneously as well as the dimmer recycle, I figured it was a loose connection somewhere in the fuse panel. Luckily for me I found the culprit.... the hot wire to the Fuse Panel had worked its way loose. I've added a link to the fuse panel just so you can see a picture of the panel kit. Trying to get into the fuse panel jammed way up under a bird nest of wiring harness required a bit of dexterity, but mission accomplished. This is a 2018 Nitro Z19....surprised this bolt had worked its way loose so quickly. Wondering if perhaps a bit of locktight would be recommended in the future. I didn't add any but the thought crossed my mind. Didn't add any as it appeared none had been applied to begin with, perhaps it reduces current conductance. Weigh in if you have knowledge on this topic.
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/nitro-boat-dash-panel-kit-321383-z19-black-silver-2018

Attachments

• 210EB91F-5C01-4884-B722-E2EAC2C3D1DE.jpeg
    210EB91F-5C01-4884-B722-E2EAC2C3D1DE.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 39
Back