Wire Gauge on Nitro Z18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhook

Reaction score
What Guage Wire comes standard on a Nitro Z18 ? Wire from Battery to trolling motor and from Starter battery to electronics and pumps ?
A good break down would be much appreciated. Would like to run electronics , start motor , and pumps from 1 , 12 volt 180 ah lithium battery. Wondering if wire that comes with boat is good enough. Thanks for opinions. Btw only 1 12inch unit ffs and 1 10 inch unit without ffs

Original wiring should be ok. But if replacing I would use 8 gauge minimum (6 gauge preferred) for trolling motor. I also use a separate battery for electronics. I have had problems with the voltage dropping enough after several short stop and start runs that the electronics shut off when starting the engine. Probably not a problem with a 180 ah lithium battery. But a separate battery minimizes the chance of a damaging surge hitting the electronics. I just think of it as cheap insurance.

My new 2023Targa V19 came with 8 gauge for the TM and I had them switch it to 6, along with the circuit breaker and the plug when they installed my Garmin Force 36v. 8 would have likely been okay as amps goes down as voltage goes up but I wanted to future proofed as I plan on this being my last boat and passing on to my daughter once I'm gone.

Latest posts

Back