Wife and Kids gone for 10 days, FISHING here I come!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well at 7:30am this morning i loaded the wife and 2 boys up in the new minivan and watched them drive off towards her sisters place in Baltimore. Their gone till late next Friday August 1st. I do have to work, unfortunetly, but can and plan to fish every evening till they get back! It looks like i'll fish my first ever real Pot Tournament (or first real Tournament of any kind other then a rally) next Tuesday night! Rich S. and I are hitting the Hooch on Saturday morning for some trout in the Tracker (a lot LESS traffic then the big lakes on the weekend), and looking for the weather to hold for 10 days so I can FISH, FISH, FISH!!!

I do have a large "Mikey Do" list left by Beka, but most of it can be done during the day and when it's raining in side.

Heading out at lunch to gas up the tracker, and rig some rods this afternoon then first trip (weather permiting) to Allatoona around 4pm today!

Wish me luck, and if anyone gets down or is around Lake Allatoona the next 2 weeks let me know!

Trep

Lucky you Trepper!

I'm going fishing friday but it'll just be me and all my friends. I'll have to talk to myself. :>)

I'm going to look at a lake lot at Lake Sinclair while I'm there.

Good luck, good fun, good fishin'

Richard

The fish are already runnin' for cover! Load that cooler and FISH MAN!

<"))))<

TEE

Thanks guys, hooking the tracker up now to get gas, and should be on the water just after 4pm, have to work part of the afternoon :-(

Baltimore, huh...Just up the road from me. That must be why she called and asked if I could put her on some real fish not the kind she catches with hubby!! LOL

Next time come with her and I'll take you to play on my lake!

TOXIC

Trep,

Good luck fishing and I expect to see some fishing reports! If you don't post any, I'll assume that you are back to your old "skunk" ways!! Be safe!

Bob G.

Tox - I rarely go up with her, her sister's husband does not like people let alone me!!! LOL In fact since there will be (besides his wife and 2 little kids) my father-in-law and my wife/kids the brother-in-law is taking off to camp with friends for a week! When they come down here together (1 our of 4 times so far) he hides in his room or sits in the corner. I stopped stressing about it long ago, i'd LOVE to have a close family with my Sister-in-law and her kids/husband but i'll have to settle for her and the kids!

Bob - I'll post after every trip, fish or not!!! My goal since I have yet to be skunked this year is to get a 5 bag limit of keeper sized fish one evening, now THAT would rock!!!

Use your noggin Trep......Homebrew that you have to deliver to TOXIC and then you show up 2 weeks later with a good tan and a big fish catchin' smile on your face!!

TOXIC

I like that idea! I actualy just got last night in the mail supplies for 2 batches of beer, a American Pale Ale and a Brittish Bitter! Gonna brew both this week and bottle end of next week.

I know where your coming from.My wife and kids are going to the beach next week.REST and RELAXATION and BEER.

But I will miss them..........really I will.............I'm not lieing..................

Steve R.

Steve - Beer, TV as LOUD as I want, sleep as late as I want (on the weekends!!) YOU BET!!

Yes i miss the boys and Beka already but everyone needs some "ME" time, and for ME that's 10 days this month and 10 days in Mid-August in Canada!!

oh and Bob G. - you JINXED me!! First evening out ZIP!! I did run into 4 other boats who also blanked, only guys getting any fish were using live bait! Go Figure!!!

Good luck on your planned fishing expeditions. My wife and son have been gone for close to five weeks...she's back in school and like you, I thought I was goint to go fishing everyday.... work caught up. I haven't been fishing three days in a row yet and on a couple of weekends, only went fishing once.

Yes, work will destroy fishing... Hopefully you'll get all the good luck and time from work that I couldn't get.

Trep, try something totally different that what you are used to....anything that is not what you would normally do or baits in colors that you would not usually use, experiment. Do drop shots, c-rigs, get up at 3am and fish topwaters till daylight, go to places you wouldn't normally fish (either on "your" lake or another). It's time to broaden your horizons!! You'll be surprized!

TOXIC

Note to self:..."Do not send Trep his shirts,...no one home to accept pkg!"....BBWWAAHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Tony - I think i've got work figured out, so far I've got every evening free till she gets back - assuming rain stays off!

Toxic - I met a lot of boats pulling out last night and NONE of the bass fisherman had any fish, just had a cold front drive thru the night before, so i'll chaulk it up to that! I will also do as you suggest and try new and different things. I have a number of un-opened worm bags that my boys picked out over the year (BRIGHT colors) that i've not tried yet.

Mac - I'm looking at a new hottub for the new house, watch it or you'll be FIRST on the Nekid Hottub dance list!!! LOL

My Crappie shirt is looking bad, i'm wearing it EVERY day as a walking FREE billboard for ya!!

Latest posts

Back