Why i'm not a pro - $57,900 Classic boats!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK - Reading my latest Bass/Walleye boats mag, they test the "official rig of this years Bassmaster Classic". A $57,900 Triton TR 21X with a 250 Verado. MAN almost $60K on a bassboat???? I thought $30k was HUGE when you figure a lot of you guys are driving $30k pickups. BUT I guess in my view unless I'm Kevin or other Top Tier Pro's I don't see the value in something THIS expensive!

Funny in the same issue they tested a G3 HP200 Tin boat with a 200hp 2 stroke. On Top End, Triton hits 71.8mph and the G3 hit 68.5. A difference of 3.3 mph at a price difference of $30K!!!! WOW OK so a 21ft Triton Glass boat is NOT the same as a 20ft G3 Tin boat, but for $30k, i'll EASILY take the Tin boat!!

So what does everyone think about a nearly $60k bassboat??

Bob - YOU spend it!!! Even if I had it and was trying the T trail, there are a LOT of faster boats in the traditional bass boats for $40!!!

Mac - I'm with ya Brother!!

Let's see, it's about 3-4 miles from Buster Boyd to the south end of Wylie. At about 75mph, that will take 2 minutes.

It's about the same distance to the north end (most won't be fishing there).

And, you have the bridge (at Buster Boyd) where it's a no-wake zone. If you are going North to South (or vice versa), you get to stop on your way (effectively). Just about the time they get it fully planed out and at WOT, they will be there! And in most of the creeks, they will find it difficult to do over about 30-40 mph due to boat traffic and and smaller waterways.

Can we say - 'just a tad bit of an overkill'.

Obviously, Merc wants all those Verado's out there for impact and maketing.

Not going to be spending that much on a bassboat/motor anytime soon. Not unless that lottery number works!

Tex

If i spent 60k on a boat i better be able to live on it :)

That was point about spending it......If I won an obscene amount of money from the lottery, then I would spend some of it on a boat like that. I would give Mac that much for one of his Rangers so he could pocket some for a cabin too!!

Oh I forget to tell you Trep....you're not a pro because you can't catch any fish!!!! LOL!!! Yea, I know you caught a 5+ pounder once!!!

Bob G.

Bob - OH I KNOW why i'm not a pro!!! haven't had a decent fish SINCE that 5lb 13 ozer!!! If weather holds i'll hit the water this weekend, we'll see, hot water, lots of traffic, not good for the Old Trepmister on catching!!!

I'm glad you caught that fish at the rally and not me. I wouldn't want that jinx so early in the year while there was still ice on Champlain!!! I hope you enjoyed catching that fish.....because that's your last one!!!! LOL!!!!

Even if I had unlimited funds, I couldn't quite see that much for a single bass boat...

Now, having 3 901s docked and ready, (1 at Dale, 1 at Cumberland and 1 at home for the random trip) + owning some major lakefront property...

That's different.

You know, though, the Classic boats are worth TONS more than any regular old bass boat. They are more than worth the money and only drop in value $1,000 per year.

Did I mention I have a 2001 Ranger 520 Bassmaster Classic Edition? I'll give you a heck of a price on it (based upon the above formula of course).

Actually Dewey, the only way for the BassMaster Classic boats to appreciate in value is if they include bullet holes :).

$60k for a TRITON certainly is out of line. Of course, that Verado on the back ain't cheap either.

Im not a pro cause I cant catch those elusive fishies.....atleast the big'guns any how.

I would love a Classic Edition boat but I dont have that sort of fundage......

T.S.

Ohhhhh, so THAT'S why you're not a pro. I see now! LOL

Especially since the only difference between a regular factory boat, and the Classic edition Boats is "badging"...LOL!! Those better be 100% pure solid gold BMC crests to warrant that kind of "special pricing".

Snowman's right though,...it's that Verado on the back that is the reason,.....those puppy's are going to be BIG $$$$.

Anyone know what a 250 Verado goes for, retail?

Found a review that said a 200hp Verado, should be about $18,000.00.

Tex

Trep You'll need that $57,900 rig when you win the classic.

Bow down to The King..........

man am I really bored today..LOL
trepper classic.jpg

That just goes to show ya that everything you see on the internet is not always true!!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

Look at those skinny liitle arms trying to hold up that big trophy!!!

I've seen more meat on a Hebrew National Hot-Dog!!!

Steve - Shouldn't you be running a large truck or something??? LOL!!! Great pic!!!

Bob - Just got an email from the taxidermist, he's got the replica ready, just gotta do a plaque and mail it to me! I'll take a picture once it's here and I put it on the wall with Mac's and Staci's awards!!!

I tell ya, Pro or Not, as Mac said that's a LOT of coin for a bass boat!!! I wonder how much they'll be discounting them after the Classic?? $56,999.99!!!

If I could afford a boat like that, I probably couldn't afford to spend time messing around on this site. So that being the case, I am thankful for my tin boat.

any bets on how many times THAT pix will appear on this site??....I start the bidding at 200!!!...LOL

I'm not sure what's worse.....Trep's fish pic being posted 1 million times or the one above!!!! Will probably see both with equal billing!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

picture of Trep, picture of Neeley,

picture of Trep, picture of Neeley,

picture of Trep, picture of Neeley...

dang...what a tough decision...

LOL

az

Steve..... Were you the person who did the picture of Trep with the pimpmobile? I've been looking all over for it and can't find it.....

Always happy to help out a friend... from "my Library" (available to all, at anytime)... Trepper's Pimpmobile and the JarJar Hat Photo... A true NTOWS Classic..

The link to coppy: http://www.zjstech.net/~library/2914/JarJar&Car.jpg

Oh Trep.. you're welcome!
JarJar&Car.jpg

Chia Mac!!!

And SOMEONE kill that pick with the Red Bravada wannabe truck!!
chiamac.jpg

The pimpmobile is a classic..........

I thought it was lost forever,glad it showed back up.

Trep,

WTF are you wearing in the pimpmobile pic anyways????

Bob G.

Homie wears that to cover his bling-bling when he rolls in the hood,lest some G bust a cap in his a@@......

Steve - now THAT I didn't expect out you!!! ROTFLMOA!!!!

Hommie Don't Play that!!!

Didn't know these little hillbilly towns had a "hood"

did ya?LOL

Trep....

ROTFLMOA???????????????

dyslexia is setting in....just like the dyslexic atheist....there is no DOG

Steve - NO I didn't know you lived in the "hood"! Great laugh this morning!!! LOL

Neeley - Man you gotta get down here!!