Why I love Humminbird (was Humminbird Greg - need part!)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Greg - if you still monitor this board and are not overly swamped, can you tell me where I can find a part for my Humminbird 565? While running some rough water, one of the yellow caps that covers the screw port on the base of the fishfinder jumped ship. They look to be just press in caps and are mostly (I assume) cosmetic. Tried asking at BPS, but they just gave me a funny look when I asked to purchase just the caps. Can you tell me where I can get them?

Thanks - Jim

I'll look when I get home. I may have one laying around. If Greg can't find you one quickly, I'd contact Humminbird direct. I've had frequent success getting inexpensive but not easily found parts that way, often at no charge.

Thanks Marty. I'll also try the official Humminbird channels.

Jim,

The 1-800-633-1468 number should get you a replacement cap faster than other means. These are just cosmetic and so are not needed to make the mount itself work.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

HB customer service does it again. I called up per HB_Greg's recommendation. Customer service rep Jennifer came on the line. After explaining what happened, I asked her if I could buy a couple of the caps to replace the ones I lost on my mount. She had me on hold to check. After a while, she came back and said they don't have the caps as separate items - only the entire mount. I was about to say "okay, don't worry" because I didn't want to buy an entire mount just for a cosmetic cap. Instead, she say's, "we'll just send you a whole new mount." I offered to send her the old one back in exchange and she says "don't worry about it." She then gave me a confirmation number and said the mount was on them.

Wow! Now that's customer service!! Contrast with the problems I had with the Lowrance that came stock on my G3 and its no wonder I'm sticking to Humminbird. Thanks HB and thanks HB_Greg for the phone number. I remain a loyal and very satisfied customer!

Another feather in the cap... And, why I am running the last Lowrance units my boat willsee... Next visit is to the "Bird" again... (Long ago my first ever was a flasher from HB)

That's why I have the birds in Namibia, best aftersales service this side of the pond.

Latest posts

Back