Who uses Navionics MMC Gold cards - gps/depth finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Anyone here use Navionics MMC Gold cards for lake information (GPS/Navigation/etc)?

I have a question on editing/setting navigation, routes, waypoints and such.

Tex

I too would like to hear some help, I purchased this Chip

and cannot get it to show all the bells and whistles it claims on a Lowrance 480m with the 1.3 upgrade!!!

Mark

I use navionics hotspots chips - may be able to help depending on the features - what is the question?

david

I did beta testing for Navionics and am currently a pro staffer. What's your question?

Mini

I have the new Lowrance 332C ordered for my new Targa (delivery in March). Do the Navionics HotSpot "Premier" maps work in this unit or just the Gold or Classic? If so, are the premier versions worth the extra "coin"? Does the 332C come with the necessary software installed (V1.3?) to run any or all of these cards without a software upgrade?

Mark

I have the chip in my 480... gladly answer any question(s) i can and listen to answers I dont have.

For setting waypoints, that one is simple.. just press the "Waypoint" button twice... it's set. to see and navigate to waypoints, hit the button once.

Tracks are automatically stored.

My biggest gripe is that I can't zoom in more than 1/2 ...just end with a blank screen and my track.

Version 1.3?? when was that released? Need to go check my version info!

Okay, here goes.

With my Garmin unit, I have the ability to view the maps on my computer, and design waypoints, routes, etc. while studying the maps. I can then download that to my gps. Gives me the ability to construct routes to different places on the lake I want to go (that I haven't been to), and get there without knowing the way following breadcrumbs and dumb luck.

I have a Navionics compatible depth finder (high end Matrix unit), that I would like to do something similar with. If I can't do routes and such, maybe I can enter waypoints and such and use them.

Any such tools as this for Navionics? If not (which is what I'm being told), do you know of any plans to have this capability?

Thanks

Tex

Mark...

Make sure you have selected the maps in the GPS data source... it (the lowrance lms480) defaults to a very poor "background" map unless you specifically switch the map data to the navionics chip.

Tex, no you cant view a navionics map on your desktop. I have not heard if there is anything planned in the future for that. If there is I am sure you would have to have an MMC card reader to view it.

Mini

Latest posts

Back