Who makes the best tubes?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
As a relatively new to tube'n who makes a good one.I like the larger type but what brand?

Yamamoto makes the best tubes and plastics if you ask me. Fish just seem to hold on to them longer. I have seen smaller fish hold on to the tail of Yamamoto baits all the way to the boat before letting go.

I dunno i like the Denny Brauer Pitchin Tubes myself in the Water Melon or Green Pumpkin Seed colors.

T.S.

Venom "salty tubes" and Nichols "Salty Mother" tubes are both great. I believe the reg salted strike king tubes are pretty good also. Don't get hung up on the larger tubes, you'll catch more fish on the 3-3 1/2 inch sizes, and not neccesarily smaller fish. I prefer to throw tubes with weedless tube insert heads. There's been times, when I couldn't get bit on anything but tubes. Good luck.

Schubert's Rite bite tubes are by far the best, I hate to let out my secert. Check out there web site www.schubertslures.com the biggest color selection. Mark

Thanks Dave, I use to swim in the lake there in Apple Valley.at the water fall when I was a teenager, kool place..

Strike King flippin tubes are my choice first...

havn't had time to try them all yet, but right now the "rite bite" and the nichols are my favorites.

jd

Depends on where I'm fishin'..if it's Lake Erie..I'm with Bill the Venom's are the BEST bar none. They're loaded with salt and garlic..more so than others.

If i'm fishin' Dale or other lakes..I like the Zoom,StrikeKing and various others. There is a ton of good ones..I could go on and on....

TEE

If garlic is what you want, I don't think there's a bait made with more than CHOMPERS...

You open the package and everyone on the lake can smell it!

az

Like I said...a TON of good ones. I have some that I can't remember the name of the bait but, I remember the color was Camo Roadkill...any guesses?

TEE

TEE-

Sam up top on this post said that is a color from Snoozers...

I don't think I've ever seen that brand around here...

az

Duuhhhhh..if I' read the post...That's the one... Snoozers...met the guy at a boat show and he sold me on' em'...still like them Venoms..lots of clear colors too.

TEE

Mini can get you some awesome tubes that are actually the mfr for many companies we all recognize. He also gets awesome pricing. He should chime in. I can get you tournament force tubes made by Mizmo. Great tubes, but I don't know if I can tounch Mini's pricing.

Ok I make a vote for Snoozers w/roadkill camo or watermelon red. If you can find ANY roadkill camo you need to buy them. Word on the steet here locally is Snoozers is behind production and cannot keep up w/demand. My local place I buy from has been out since March! Good tube, strong garlic scent, lots of salt, but hard to find.

Donnie

Lake Fork watermelon tubes are great for largemouth. We catch more on that than any other plastic when they are shallow.

This spring I have had alot of luck on KVD's Tubes by Strike King in Black Neon. Fish seem to hang on to them longer.

Given that there are only a few manufactures of tubes you all would be surprized how many brand names are actually the same one. Hawg Caller makes a ribbed tube that is pretty unique but I don't know if it is avaliable to the public yet. C's tubes in PA have some "Custom" colors made especially for them, like puke, turd, and roadkill.

I'm still waitin for them to name one toxic!!

TOXIC

hey toxic,

i've run across a brand you may like which may go along with the "toxic" theme. don't know if i should post it or not and hope you take it in fun cause i'm teasin ya. They are called Fat Ass. good tubes also. i'll check the pkg as i can't remember what fat ass stood for. i'll try to post.

jd

Yep, I have used FA tubes and like them. Size matters!! LOL. Also Cabin Creek and Cabin Fever tubes. I've been tearin' em' up on tubes this year. Gotta love it.

TOXIC

Precision Lures has the best tube in my opinion. Salty, Fat and any color you can dream of (if you want to order enough). We make tubes for other manufacturers including Schuberts, RiteBite (the actual tube that won the Classic for Brauer), Crooked Creek, etc.

You can email me for more info, remember I am a factory rep and do not sell to the general public. I can sign someone up as a dealer and give awesome pricing if you have an established business.

Mini

Back