Mystery tubes in Storage Bin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
New owner of a Z19 and noticed these 2 clear tubes in my rear storage bin. Does anyone know what they are for?
Thanks in advance.
20220902_194647.jpg

Great question. I’ll be following this thread. I’ve got similar clear tubes and no owners manual.

They are for bleeding the seastar hydraulic system. one tube screws on to a bottle of steering hydraulic oil, not power steering fluid, don't get them confused. The other end screws on top of drivers console, there is a cap to unscrew on top of steering. There might even be a pin in one end of the tube, that is use to punch a hole in the bottle to allow air into the bottle once its upside down. The other tube slips on the bleeder valve for the steering, there is two, one on port and one on starboard. there is more info to bleed the system, but for now, put these in garage. you will need them later.

Awesome! Thanks for the great response. I never would have guessed that is what they are for. I was going to call the dealer on Tuesday. You saved me a call :) And there is a pin stuck in one end.

Latest posts

Back