Who is playing on the Potomac this weekend?

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Anyone want to fish with Tox and I this Sunday? Working Aquia Creek to the North.

Carlos

Hey Carlos,

leave some fish for us when we come down. How has the river been fishing?

TM,

My contacts tell me it's been tough and very busy!! We will let you know more after Sunday. What part of the river will you guys be fishing again?

TOXIC

we are launching out of smallwood . One of the guys that is going down has fished the river before and I think he is planning to run up towards D.C. I was planning to fish maddawoman Sp? creek for at least part of one day and then take it from there. I get a little nervous running tidal rivers since I managed to get stuck on a sand bar on the Hudson for two hours last year. I will get in touch with you next week with cell # and any other information

CIII and I will be in Mattawoman...plus some of the other spots up twords DC....not really close though. Something to remember, if you are near DC you have to have a boaters safety class card with you or you will get a ticket....word up!!

Title 19 - Amusements, Parks and Recreation

Chapter 10 Harbor and Boating Safety

1026 OPERATION OF VESSELS

1026.6 Any person who is operating or navigating any vessel shall have in his or her possession satisfactory evidence of having completed an approved boating safety course, or the person shall make evidence of having completed a boating safety course available to the Harbor Master at the vessel

TM,

Also, you have to have a DC liscense to fish to the North of the WW bridge. I stay to the South of it, just for that reason.

Carlos

Toxic

Luckly we all have boater's safety cards as it's required ny the N.J BASS federation . I am also aware of the DC Licence requirment that's why I plan to fish south also Carlos,Thanks guys for the heads up anyway

Cool deal TM,

I jsut did not want you to get stopped. How did you get the card?

Have you been to the River fishing page?

Bummer I am going to miss you all.

hey carlos,

the dc line is from fox ferry to the ww bridge on the va side. it a diagonal line. you can fish the spoils with a va lic.

mike

p.s. if you get that far up river look for me i easy to spot, 17ft pt with yellow lab as copilot.

Keep an eye on the weather CIII, supposed to be rainy and Windy. It will be your call. If it looks too bad we can do Anna or I can bring the USS TOXIC.

TOXIC

Carlos

I was lucky one of the guys that is coming down with me is the juinor commander of the local VFW they had a guy come in two years ago and give a safety class . As I said earlier the NJ federaton really pushed for the safety courses even for riders. Hopfully we'll hook up some time this year.

Tox,

How windy? A little will not be bad, lots windy will be bad, rememeber last time HAHAHAHAHA

Mike, Will do. I did not think you cluld fish the spolis. That is the area on the VA side that has the warm water discharge from the power plant, right?

TM, Cool deal, will have to hook up sometime!!!

I'll be at Anna this weekend with my 6 year old partner. I'll let you know....

david.....

CIII,

It's not lookin good Bro. we got a LOT of rain today, and it is still raining....everything is running like Choc. milk. The river will be a floating trash heap on Sunday. I am convinced that my daughter will not have her soccer game tomorrow. Fields will be a mess. Not looking good....

TOXIC

You are a mind reader. I jsut sent you an emai. I am thinking the same way. Teh water when I flew into National today was BAD!!! There were trees in it again, and big ones. Did not see an Semi tires and rims though........

I think we need to wash this one. We are also thinking that David will not have his soccer tomorrow also. They have not called it yet though.

Carlos

If they do, I will be at Anna....it is supposed to be the best day of the weekend.....Wanna play in my sandbox?

TOXIC

carlos,

the spoils is on the maryland side, the warm water from blue plains in dc is what keeps it warm. It right after fox ferry and goes to the bridge. Just be careful if you get to close to shore lots of concrete and sunken boats, but more fish than you can shake a stick at. and dont forget to fish the marsh by belle haven if you get up that way.

mike

Latest posts

Back