which cull tags do you use?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
Which culling system do you use, I like the floats but do they get tangled up? Has anybody tried the clips with the plastic tag. Any help would be great.

mike

I just bought the bass pro cull it clips they work great. easy to put on and remove from fish. they have floating string works well.

I use the bass tags made by Bag-em. they have metal clips that you clip on the fishes lip. I really like them over the type that you have to poke a hole in the fish to use. I have had the clips fall off once or twice but they stay on 90% of the time.
http://www.bag-em.com
Tags%20Board.JPG

I've used the Quik-Cull system also. I've had them since March, and so far, they have worked great. Clips stayed on and the floating ropes haven't tangled. Lifted a nice 4.8 lb. largemouth out of lifewell without any slipage. Yes, I know that was a dumb trick to do.

FYI. I was just shopping for something like that. QC are 25$ on their web site and 17$ at Cabelas.

Marc

I use the XPS set. Buzz had those lip clip kind and we tried them once. They kept coming off. I like the XPS set, works very well.

If you put the Bag-Em ones on right they will stay, but you cannot move or lift the fish with them. The metal ones that poke a hole, rust eventually. I made my own from the Sampo plastic stringer and some silicone tubing in different colors. Plastic doesnt harm the fish asa bad and they dont rust, the silicone tubing floats....

Mini

I've never had the experience of culling-never caught enough fish :(

hehe-I use the clip-on ones too...haven't had one come off in 6 months so far

Where are you supposed to clip them. We did it on the upper lip. I didn't know anything about them but Buzz had them and we tried them hoping it would be better for the fish. I just figured that was how to put them on. And more than one popped off. Mini, the XPS set is stainless, no rust. It's the one I picked up at the classic. The old one did, but not this one.

Latest posts

Back