Throttle on a 2004 Nitro 185 sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepirtle25

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? The button you push in on the throttle to give more gas is stuck. It will not come out. I also have a beep that won't stop. I could not get out of my trailer and fish because of this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike In Texas

Are you talking about the button in the throttle lever down in the middle of the lever? you should be able to wiggle the lever till it finds the slot to engage the gear. It could have a broken spring in it.

As for the alarm it could be a number of things.

Sounds like the boat didn't want to come off the trailer and it did what it could do.

Are you talking about the button in the throttle lever down in the middle of the lever? you should be able to wiggle the lever till it finds the slot to engage the gear. It could have a broken spring in it.

Sounds like the boat didn't want to come off the trailer and it did what it could do.

If your outboard is a two stroke an alarm under the dash will beep if the injection oil reservoir is low oil level,mine was a 75 hp two stroke and it beeps when low oil is detected. The throttle shifter is easy to take apart and repair & lubricate

Throttle shifter is easy to take apart and repair & lubricate. If you have a two stroke outboard with oil injection the injection oil resevoir has an alarm that beeps in the dashboard when the oil level is low, my 75 hp merc beeped when ever it was low.

Attachments

• Mercury shift control cable adjustment..txt
    59 bytes · Views: 0

Yes the button, and I think it might be the oil reservoir for the beep. I found out how to take button off and fix. I took the boat to a mechanic to check the beep. Thank you for your help. I was hoping that if I fixed the button the beep would go away.

Latest posts

Back