where would you go?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
Heys guys,

Me and a buddy are trying to figure out where to go next year, our final 2 choices are guntersville for some rat fishing or champlain for smallies and lg mouth. we figure we will stay for 3 or 4 days of fishing and might include some friends for a few days with the guys. so where would you go and why. we both live in virginia but the distance is not that big of a concern.

mike

Mike - Why rat fishing??? I thought we used rats for bait for big bass???

Ask again in three weeks and I will tell you how I do on Champlain and about the campground if you are thinking along those lines.

BF

i have seen a couple of shows on rat fishing on guntersville and my buddy wants to go try it, so its an option. we would go in the early to mid summer next year, this years vacation schedule is booked solid. I have fished all over virginia and it would be different to try a totally new lake somewhere else.

mike

p.s. hey trep, they have rat tournys on gunterville and it normally takes 20 plus pounds to win for 5 fish

Champlain will much more temperate in the weather. And if you come in early summer, like around the 4th of July, the fish shouldn't be super deep like they get now in the heat of mid summer. Either time will blow your mind. The largemouth stay shallow by comparison, all season. The smallies will work off the deep ledges and humps down to 60 feet.

There is a reason that BASS, FLW, Everstart, and BFL all come here year after year. Come up and experience it yourself.

Well you take a piece of cheese, put it on a hook go to the city and........... Just kidding:lol:

top water like a scum frog, mouse ect, Fish over pads or weed beds, can be a blast if the fish are biteing....

BF

When I repped for Scum Frog, they told me they used to sponsor "Frog Tourneys" where Scum Frog products (grass rats included) were all that could be used. And some of the weights were impressive. I've had great success with them in the weeds but never any substantial weight. For every 20 dinks I catch, I might get 1 good fish at 3 or 4 lbs.

OK that helps me too, I thought there was a new kind of fish, Rat Fish!! LOL

Ditto Tox on the new Spro frogs. They look great!! Makes me wish we had grass in Lanier.

with the way the weather has been here latly, we have been doing pretty good on rats in the potomac,

Latest posts

Back