where is haunted pond

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Macaluso

Reaction score
Hey Chris

Where exactly is haunted pond ? I kind of vaguely remember reading about it in a old copy of WEIRD N.J

It's part of Jenny Jump State Forest, it's on Shades of Death Road in Independance or Liberty in Warren County. It's a little spooky at night to go alone. Awesome place Tom, but you need a small jon boat to get in or fish the bank. But good news for me is that I picked one up last year in Simon Peter in Newton for Dirt Cheap. Another pond I often go to is Delaware Lake in Columbia. It's a lunker lake program and the Warden is always checking for fish.

Do you go to Merrill Creek, I love that place and only minutes from me.

Let me know if you need directions to Ghost Lake AKA Haunted pond. Please don't advertise this place, it's just too good.

Shades of Death Road Nice name for a road. I do remember that road from weird N.J. Anything weird ever happen to you at that Pond? . If you live near Merrill Creek, Chuck from CJBB must live not to far from you . In fact bust his chops a little ,tell him that you heard that he learnt everything about bass fishing from me LOL !.

To answer your question about Merrill creek. I fished that on a regular basis years ago when I had my first tin boat . When we fished the lake we mainly trolled for trout but I did fish for bass a number of times after I joined CJBB . I had heard that the fishing had gone downhill due to a crash in the baitfish population . How

It's not ghosts .... it'S BEARS.

The Bears problably ate the fish too.

;>))

Harpo

Bill,

I didn't want to scare you off! before you come up. I figured I would wait until we turn on that road. shades of death road is as creepy as it sounds. Steep mountains on one side (BEARS) and a prehistoric lake bed on the other side that is now sod farms. The soil is jet black. a couple empty houses and no street lights at all. You wouldn't want to get a flat tire at night.

Besides we could always go to Merrill Creek and catch some smallies.

Tom,

The fishin been good at MC. I posted a picture of a smaillie I got on July 3,2004 in a newer message.

The weirdest thing that I seen at Ghost lake is, a filming crew was doing a documentary about I guess the spirits there. They had one of those wich ladies there talking to the ghosts.

And one night I was there and two kids voices were coming from the woods, there is a moat that goes across the ponds. The kids were crying and said they were lost and couln't find the road. Well we told them how to get to the road but man, it sure seemed strange taht they came out of nowhere in the dark.

Chris

Latest posts

Back