What's NOT on Sale at the Spring Classic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
Good thing I stopped in BPS yesterday. I've been waiting for the spring classic so I could buy some new rods.

I got a sneak peak at a Spring Classic sale flyer and noticed that the Extreme rods will be on sale for $69.99 and the Pro Qualifiers are NOT on sale. However, the PQ's are on sale right now for $69.99, so I bought 4 of them yesterday.

Why would the PQ's NOT be on sale for the classic??? I still have cash put away for the classic but I couldn't pass up the sale, since I was going to buy them at the classic anyway.

Now I need 4 new spinning reels. I'm kind of partial to Quantums. What do you guys think of the Quantum KVD series reel? BPS runs those on sale sometimes for $39.99. If I only needed 1 or 2 I'd consider more expensive ones. But since I need 4, I'm hoping to find a good sale on something in the $70 - $80 range (regular price). Any suggestions?

Marke

PS,

All Zoom plastics will be 25% off. I think I'll stock up on some flukes, lizards, and Fat Alberts :eek:)

I have the kenetics and like them, sorry havnt used the V/D series I do have some of his quantam rods and like them they are not gloomis but they beat the heck out of my lightning rods

Tootles,(Marke) get the Shimano Stadic or Sustain for those rods. You won't be disappointed.

Hey Marke, didn't you see the clearance table of reels in front of the reel counter? Had the KVD 10 series reels ($69.99) for $44.88 Picked one up (going back today to see if there's any more), alond with 2 PQ rods (6'MH and 6'6"MH both spinning). Still thinking about a JLM baitcaster at $99.99

Craig

Is "Tootles" pronounced "Toot-ells" or "Toot-less"? :^)

Marke, I prefer the pricing on the Sahara with the instant anti-reverse. Or, if you like the "trigger" feature, the Spirex is every bit as good! I've had/have several of each and love 'em!

me!

Marke-

Go with Shimano Spirex...

I don't think you can beat them for the money...

$59 most everywhere...

Here's how I test a spinning reel...Hold it in one hand, take and spin the retrieve fairly fast with the other...now observe how much "wobble" there is in the hand holding the reel...

There is next to none with the Spirex...I've done my 'test' on much more expensive reels than the Spirex with much worse results!

As Mikey would say...

"Try it, you'll like it!!!"

az

My vote is also for the Spirex (followed closely by the Sahara)!!

I've got five of 'em and they're AWESOME. The "trigger" feature makes that reel worth every penny, and the wobble-free design with double paddle handles is just icing on the cake. I like the Shimano trigger over the Quantuum's design because my finger still holds the line. It just feels like you have more control over the cast, rather than the line being held by a mechanical apparatus.

This Mikey says "buy it, send it to me, and let ME try it!!!"

Gotta put in a vote for Spirex too, have 4 2000-fd's,

and 1 4000-rd,and 1-500-fd (for lite/ultra lite)

not crazy about the rear drag on the 4000, but for the price range I love the Spirex's, have not had any problems with any of them. egMike

Mini-

Only when shark fishing...'course I wasn't using a Spirex at the time...LOL

I like that test...If a spinning reel is going to 'wobble' that much, besides transferring the wobble to my hands, and worse yet, the rod, it's just not going to be comfortable.

Go ahead...call me crazy...I don't like wobble!!!

az

I understand that, but alot of reels that have tight tolerances in them are not going to spin freely when new. They have to be broken in. So a tighter reel doesnt spin as easy, so how do you check the wobble test?

I also like a balanced reel, but I prefer the real testing....like using it to fish with. LOL

Mini

Well...it certainly weeds out the cheepies...they always have severe wobble...

Cheep reels never seem to 'break-in' - only break!

I never owned a 'high-end' spinning reel...I can't justify the money especially if it was one that just didn't feel balanced to me...

Like having a decent rod, and matching the rod to the reel...I just want a reel that is balanced and comfortable...The Spirex does it for me!

az

Latest posts

Back