What Would You Do...???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I'm fishing a tournament this weekend on St Clair....if it's a nice day or a windy day or both, the ride will be bumpy...big time.

My busted ribs are obviously still hurting...went out last nite in a two foot chop and had tears running down my face after a 5 minute run.

I'm fishing the tourny...no question about it, it's bought and paid for.

I'm wrapping my ribs and taking some OTC pain meds for the tourny, which I didn't do monday. (not goin out there on perscription pain killers, who knows what type of strange stunt I may try to pull..?). Doc told me I could fish...But I didn't enlighten him as to the nature of "The Beast", that being St Clair on a nice or windy day...or both if you really wanna have fun...!!

So my question is this...do I suck it up and make the long run where I know I have a decent shot at getting good fish consistently and quickly then get back before it gets too ugly out there....or do I play it safe and more or less pain free and stick close to the launch where I know I can get numbers and where I MIGHT be able to scratch out a somewhat decent limit...?

Your thoughts...?

I'd stick close. Better safe than sorry. Just run over to the mouth of the Clinton and jerk 3-4-5 lb bigheads (if they're still there:lol:)

TOXIC

Smitty,

See ya at the launch.....I'll try not to throw a big wake!!! :rolleyes:

Smitty,...stay close till you get a limit,..then pop a couple 'scrip meds and go get a kicker fish or two. ;) "Adapt and Overcome!!"

Seeya this weekend!!

HAHA well said mac!!!! get er done!!!!!!!!!

good luck guys!!!

BTW Who has the pics on CD from the trip there????

Mac, Neeley....which one you fellas fishin....The Kwame Classic on Saturday or the OBM Open on Sunday...my buddy and I are fishin the OBM...I was gonna do both but couldn't get Friday nite off.

Stay close, Sissy Britches! :p (That's what my neighbor calls me when we go fishing)

"Sissy Britches!!"..LMAO....you kill me Teri!!:wub:

Smitty,....we're fishing the Kwame Classic!!..ahahaahha......GREAT name!!

Man Smitty...that's a tall order with busted ribs.

I'm with the others on stickin' close and save your body for the hookups;)

I'd love to be there:cool:

See guys? I take you to my stuff and Toxic is giving it away!!!!!!

Actually Tox, I think you meant the Salt River. :) And they are still there, but not as good.

Fished a tourney last night....we won with 16.75 and a 5.55 kicker smallie. not bad for 3 hours. I personally caught over 20.....

Might have to run to them Sat during the Kwame Classic. That would be close to 50 miles one way....

Mini

I say, let your partner do the driving, keep your life jacket on, and TAKE THE HEAVY MEDS!!!:wacko:

Better living through Chemistry, I always say.:rolleyes:

Harpo

Mini,

thats awesome!! And he did mean Salt River..... Nice time last night......nothing like that here in California!

There is the Delta....And Castaic, and Oroville....lots of good fishing there.

Thanks...it was fun.

But I want Mac to see this....he is always complaining about how "protective" I am about taking people to spots/areas. I know I didnt take you guys up to the Salt, but I certainly have fished it many times and told you guys to head up there.

It hurts when you share something and it comes back to bite you....I can give you SOOO many examples of this happening it will make you sick.

Mini

Have I EVER pimped you before after you've taken me to spots?? please!!! LOL (and don't forget,...Brunner has fished it ALL loooong before ANY of us,...so if anyone can claim a "spot"...it's HIM!!!!...LOL)

No not you Mac. I wasnt referring to you, but there are MANY others. There is an entire club in Ohio....:angry:

Your right it is all Brunners stuff.

Mini

What about the guys who roll up on a VA Boat, ask for directions to Metro, punch something on their GPS and turn to the left?? Think they were looking for something????

Mini, right on the good waters, but not here in San Diego.....at least not in the two days I have here anyway......

Okay...heres the plan...Mini showed me 3 or 4 areas last year when I was out with him...I'm hittin those first...:lol:...JK

Actually..I'm staying close to the launch for the first hour or so..I've been on some decent fish for the past couple of weeks at one of my tried and true areas. And, have had it to myself each time I've gone out. If they are there, we'll get 15 to 17 lbs in a couple hours..

Couldn't finish my last post...my dog started hurlin and I had to scoot him out the door.

Anyways....Hopefully we'll get our limit quick, then we'll consider a longer run perhaps...

Salt River aint no secret...I fish it often. Caught my first pike there when I was 6 years old..it was one of my dads "secret" spots. It is a good largehead spot.

go big or go home.....why are you fishing the tourney ? --> to win it!! No pain No gain!

Latest posts

Back