What the heck happened??????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hamilton

Reaction score
The next time you hear a politician use the word

'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether

you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but

one advertising agency did a good job of putting that

figure into some perspective in one of its releases:

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were

living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and

20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.

While this thought is still fresh in our brain,

let's take a look at New Orleans. It's amazing

what you can learn with some simple division.

Louisiana Senator, Mary Landrieu (D), is presently

asking the Congress for $250 BILLION to rebuild

New Orleans . Interesting number, what does

it mean?

A. Well, if you are one of 484,674 residents of

New Orleans (every man, woman, child), you

each get $516,528.

B. Or, if you have one of the 188,251 homes in

New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or, if you are a family of four, your family

gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D.C .. HELLO!!! ... Are all your

calculators broken??

Tax his land,

Tax his wage,

Tax his bed in which he lays.

Tax his tractor,

Tax his mule,

Teach him taxes is the rule.

Tax his cow,

Tax his goat,

Tax his pants,

Tax his coat.

Tax his ties,

Tax his shirts,

Tax his work,

Tax his dirt.

Tax his tobacco,

Tax his drink,

Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his booze,

Tax his beers,

If he cries,

Tax his tears.

Tax his bills,

Tax his gas,

Tax his notes,

Tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know

That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers,

Tax him more,

Tax him until he's good and sore.

Tax his coffin,

Tax his grave,

Tax the sod in which he lays.

Put these words upon his tomb,

'Taxes drove me to my doom!'

And when he's gone,

We won't relax,

We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

CDL License Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel Perm it Tax

Gasoline Tax

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax

Inventory Tax

IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax),

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax),

Liquor Tax,

Luxury Tax,

Marriage License Tax,

Medicare Tax,

Property Tax,

Real Estate Tax,

Service charge taxes,

Social Security Tax,

Road Usage Tax (Truckers),

Sales Taxes,

Recreational Vehicle Tax,

School Tax,

State Income Tax,

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA),

Telephone Federal Excise Tax,

Telephone Federal Universal Service Fe e Tax,

Telephone Federal, State and Local Su rcharge Tax,

Telephone Minimum Usage Su rcharge Tax,

Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax,

Telephone State and Local Tax,

Telephone Usage Charge Tax,

Utility Tax,

Vehicle License Registration Tax,

Vehicle Sales Tax,

Watercraft Registration Tax,

Well Permit Tax,

Workers Compensation Tax.

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,

and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle

class in the wor

And there are a lot more that are not listed. :angry:

Gene

Amusing, sobering, and thought provoking.

Perhaps it would be better if telephone systems were set up for English primarily as default, but make those who speak Spanish press two. But then again, why just Spanish, why not French to accomodate our most northern colony, or the 16 NATO languages [no, there are more than 16 now], .... Wow, I could really work myself into a tizzy.

Demands on the government changed, not so much the government. Citizens want services, etc but don't want to pay their real fair share. Why is it that truckers and trucking companies pay road use taxes, but we don't?

I suspect that there are a lot of folks spinning in their graves who would question whether or not life was so great 100 years ago.

I don't know Marty. In a way I agree with you but I'm not sure that demands on the Government changed, but that Government demanded that we accept what change they wanted. Bringing up roads is a good analogy. I have NEVER seen my local Government do anything to ease congestion on local roads. Oh, they say they are going to but every time they widen, lengthen, or create different ways to go it's because they have already approved plans for developers to start building their communities along side the "improvements, and then we find it's worse than it ever was.

As for the telephone service.. How about if we set it up for ENGLISH ONLY! Then we don't have to worry about which numbers to press. They do!

It was told to me when I was driving a truck that road use taxes were instituted because of the weight they carried which in turn helped destroy the roadways whereas automobiles were light enough not to do the same. I don't know what roads all of you travel but if you ever travel south, say from Washington D.C., to Nags Head, N.C., you will probably take 301 south. It's a nice road so long as you stay in the trucks ruts:) Then you would probably take Rt. 17 South where it's the same thing. I took my Jeep Cherokee, narrow track, down the road one year and it scared the "heck" out of me. The grooves the trucks made were horrific. Maybe that's why trucks pay and cars don't do you think?

Tax his land, why is this necessary? Why should I RENT my land all of my life? I can only think of one reason. When the Gov't. wants it, this is how they can get it. When Annapolis, MD decided it wanted to be a tourist town they simply started raising taxes on private property until all of the people who had lived "downtown" forever had no choice but to move. These were mostly poor Black families who had lived at those same addresses for 100 years or more when nobody else wanted them. Now, the very small one bedroom, 12' wide, two story walk up that these people owned are selling for close to a million dollars the city of Annapolis payed most of those people an average of $55,000 for stealing there homes.

Tax his wage, Now, what about this? I'm just a layman as far as this sort of thing goes but wasn't this supposed to be temporary?

I was going to go on down Bill's list and try to make sense or have someone make sense for me why they were all necessary but it's of little use. SALES TAX, unless it's designated for something in particular is just a ripoff as far as I'm concerned.

"And when he's gone,

We won't relax,

We'll still be after the inheritance TAX!!"

So, I work all my life trying to make something of myself and to take care of my family and through luck and hard work I'm able to amass a small, or large, fortune. I've been giving to charities all my life and there's a Hospital Wing with my name and a Library wing with my name on it not to mention the myriad of smaller charities I donate to and my Savings and Loans and Banks who make loans to the local small business owners and farmer's to help keep them afloat. After all of that, when I die and want to make sure my wife and children are set to enjoy life the way I want them to, the Government wants to tax what I made all of my life! Even after he's already taxed it two or even three times? And before someone says, "yea, well Richie Rich didn't make the money, his Dad did", So what? Another revolution is needed...

Building Permit Tax, Why?

Dog License Tax, As silly as can be

Fishing License Tax, Every person who made this country as great as "It used to be" is rolling in his grave over this one. PLUS, a license to fish is ridiculous.

Hunting License Tax, just like the fishing license.

Maryland is rated as the 48th heaviest taxed state in the Union according to Forbes.. I would dare any non-Marylander to investigate and ask any Marylander if they think their quality of life is b

Latest posts

Back