What kind of line do you use?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey baby, where you been all my life? Just kidding. Spiderwire supermono

On my spinning reels Stren Clear Easy Cast in 6-8 & 10 lb on my baitcasters 14 & 17 clear Stren Heavy Cover.

For mono i use BPS excel in green for everything i use mono for with the exception of carolina rig leaders, for that i use stren florocarbon.

For braid i use either spiderwire original or power pro.

Almost the same as Jim B!! Except that I ordered some BPS fluorocarbon to use for leaders.

BPS Excel in green for mono.

Power Pro for braid.

Bob G.

Berkley Big Game low vis green in 10lb test and Cajun Red in 10 lb test.

I am a big fan of green Trilene XT but recently I switched some reels to Red Cajun line. I fished it all this weekend in some nasty wind and man I really came away liking this stuff. I fish light and medium light outfits with small open-faced spinning reels and I need a really limp line with little memory. I was really impressed. I'm not sure about the strength tho. I think I'll move up a notch from 8lb. to 10lb. line if I switch over to it permanently.

By the way, I recently tried Sufix DNA line and it didn't work on the above described outfits at all. It's a great strong line with good abrasion resistance, but it's way too stiff for my liking. I was picking loops out of that stuff all day. I had one problem all day with the red line but that was my fault not paying attention in the wind.

..BillH

Ande Monofilament. Tough as nails and you get a lot more for the money. A 1000 yard spool of 12 pound test is less than $10 bucks most anywhere. I love the stuff. I used to use the BPS Excel line. That is very strong line, but is also pretty thick for it's lb test strength.

For crankbaits and topwater, Trilene XL 10lb

Spinnerbaits, Trilene XT 17lb

Jigs & worms, P-Line CXXX 20lb

I also like Power Pro but don't have any spooled up right now.

Harpo

ANDE for Freshwater

ANDE for saltwater

ANDE for fixing things aroudn the house

Have I mentioned how much I like ANDE line?

Latest posts

Back