Well I can say I am now employed in the industry

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gone bye bye

Reaction score
All,

I have been away lately trying to solidify my employment situation and I can say that I have succeeded in part.

I am proud to say I am now employed by the Houston TX based company All Star Graphite Rods as the Michigan, Ohio and Indiana Sales Rep. I got a great compensation package from All Star, a small salary, commission and, depending on the prices from various manufacturers, a shiny new boat! Unfortunately, I think the boat will be outside of the Tracker family, but I will still pop in to tell you guys and gals about all the great fun I am having travelling and hawking the best sticks on earth! (dont beleive me? try one....)

My days will be loaded with striking out on the road and solidifying relationships with various tackle retailers in my territory. Hopefully I will be able to get this up and running to the point where I can actually fish a few tournaments next year after all the fishing shows are over....lol

My first goal is to get my own rep group started with All Star Rods and other products. My second product line will more than likely be Precision Lures, makers of most of the tubes that everyone likes to use regardless of whose name is on the package). Mac and I were working on new packaging for the Precision labelled baits....look for it soon, and yes his fish will be on every package! I will keep all posted on my endevours as much as possible.

Wish me luck! And if you live in Michigan, Ohio or Indiana, please feel free to send me any contact names and numbers for fishing tackle retailers in your area.

Rob, when the Precision deal is done, we need to talk.....

Mini

Forgot to post this picture of a couple of topwater fish I caught practicing this past spring on Burt Lake in the Northern Lower Peninsula of Michigan.
Mini%20Burt%20Lake%20Toads-small.jpg

Congrat's again Mini,....you MORE than deserve it!! You worked your arss off for it....call me anytime I can help you...(Next time,..ask for 2 boats!..LOL)

Mini - OK NOW I know where you've been, getting a JOB! Sounds like a great job with a class act of a company, who's reputation for quality products stands on its own!

Now, ya gotta get a deal with Mac to do customer rod handle art for some of your dealers!!!!

Congratulations, Mini!!!!!!

I was a rep for a number of years in the automotive aftermarket. It is NOT an easy job. But, if there is anyone out there who can get it done - I am sure that that person is YOU!

me!

Trep...that will depend on Bill's contractual obligations with BPS.....he actually did rods for All Star BEFORE he did them for BPS.....

The door is always open for a class act like Mac....

Mini

Trep,....I was doing rod handle art on All Star rods BEFORE i switched to BPS last year,...my options are ALWAYS open!

P.S.

If you want to get through the doors to your customers.....

DON'T SEND YOUR MUG SHOT FIRST! :^)

Oh that I know Scott...you learn that at a young age when you look like me...lol

Mini

Mini - Just go into my library and use one of MY pictures to get you thru the door. They'll think, i'll talk to this skinny arsed guy, he won't know DIDDLY about fishing. Then you walk in and BAMM! They load up on gear!!

Again - Good luck, and let us know where and when your going and what your driving (on the water of course)

After I get home from my hunting trip and i "trim" down to just a goatee again,........we'll pass for brother's again!!

now THAT's scary!!! I still laugh when I think about that kid at one of the shows who walked up to you and asked you to draw on his badge!!! He thought you were me!! and the time i sent a pix of you and me to my Mom,...she sent back a reply that said,..."I didn't know you had a twin!" LOL ARRGH! too funny!!

Mac

To tell you the truth, Mini..... I've been kinda quietly wondering what was happening with you the last few months..... I knew you were unemployed..... But didn't want to ask because I know how frustrating and depressing that can be - especially when you know that you've got a talent that would benefit any potential employer.....

I honestly feel somewhat relieved to hear that good fortune has finally come your way!

Congratualtions again!

me!

Now that's the kind of news I want to here on 9/11!!!!

Congrats!

T

Will do Trep....

I will be jumping in with both feet next week. I am leaving Tuesday with Nitro in tow for Indianapolis for a meeting with Galyan's on Wednesday, then head north back to Michigan to practice Muskegon Lake for the Federation State Championship on Thursday, fish the tourney Friday and Saturday, be a camera boat and weigh in fish for the Federation Youth Tournament on Sunday, then to Maumee, Ohio for a meeting with Jann's Netcraft on Monday morning.

I will post when I get back (after I sleep of course....lol)

Mini

Thank you Scott for your concern....I have been doing anything in my power to keep myself afloat finacially.....a few years ago it would have been easier when I won more tournaments than I do now....I guess I have to quit doing seminars...people are getting too good! LOL

Thanx Tex....T_Mann.....always good to hear ANY good news on a day like this.

Mini

And, Mini..... I don't care what you're drivin'..... Man. we love ya here! You dang well better keep comin' 'round!

me!

(I sure am full of posts today, aren't I!)

Congrats Mini...now that you'll have your own boat, will you take me fishing more often?!?

Of course I will Ken....

BUT, you have hundreds of boats.....did you ever ask me to go? lol

Mini

Mini, I'm gonna quit posting on this subject and go grab some lunch..... But, before I do, I just want you to know that I was just sittin' back in my chair staring at the main screen for the board and the title of your post.....

There is a HUGE smile on my face!

My head is shaking "YES!!"

And I feel GOOD!!!

God bless!

me!

Congrats man. That's a great deal. Definately give me a shout when you get a chance. Why you setting me up with some tourney rods? Kidding. LOTS of changes happening on the board lately. Hmmmm, what's next I wonder? Go get 'em Mini.

Congrats again John. As I said a long time ago (at least it seems a long time ago), you can't keep a good man down! Just remember, you can pop in here anytime. I always enjoy talking fishin' and stuff with you. Don't be a stranger. and BTW, Kathy says you still owe her a birthday fishing trip? Good luck!!!

Craig

Congrats Mini...I thought getting a job a BPS was sweet!!

Hey Ken, where's my boat???

I hope to get to meet you when I get out there. If Ken & Mac can't fish with you for some reason maybe I can. Imagine, a day on the water with the Legend of Lake St. Clair.....LOL

Congrats again,

Marke

Hey, unlike many NH residents, I CAN do two things at once. I have had a banner year with 3.8 million in bookings so far, buddy. The whole time while I was here BS'n it with you bad influences! You do that at BPS and we'll talk! LOL But I'm on schedule to pull in 5,000,000.00 this year. You do that at BPS and something tells me that Ken will be calling YOU "sir"! But I'm sure he won't mind!

Oops wrong post, supposed to be under Craigs B-day post sorry!

Mini,

Congrats on the job. The name on the boat doesn't matter - bass can't read. They just like the sparkles!

Bob G.

Mini congrats on the new family. Hope I didn't scare you away when I thought You and Mac were married. :) Good luck.

Bob G. - The female bass can read.:)

Robert

Nom,.....that "story" came up at the rally this past June too.....we ALL laughed about that MAJOR misunderstanding again!! How in the #@$@#$ did you ever think that anyway??!!..LOL

Mac

Mac, Back then there were not as many people posting here. You and a few others would always post. I would see you to post together and even read some where people were instructed to as Mac and Mini. I usually associate Mini as a female male, so I just ASSumed you to were happily married. I think in the future I'll be like Crocidile Dundee and just check before I stick my foot in my mouth. :)

Robert

Man I just dug in deeper. I was laughing and didn't realize I type female male.lol sorry mini.

Also, I would see you two post together. And you two were married. yada yada its late

Mini...

That's great news...First, that you got a job and THEN that it's a "pheeshin" job! Wow, could somebody help a frustrated 'puter engineer put that silicon down and lift up graphite... I'd even start drivin a glass boat if I had to... Mini...the best to you. If there's anything I can do to help you ask...just don't know what with me in Illinois. But, the offer stands.

Mini,

Congrats and best of luck with the new job. also good luck with your upcoming tournamnet.

Rob L

congratulations!!! best wishes with this new job, a first class co. and first class product, I wish you the best! p.s.- nice fish in the posted pic... egMike

Latest posts

Back