Water Line

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Shelton

Reaction score
Anyone have any tricks for getting a dirty water line off a white hull? I've tried 409 and other cleaners and it just doesn't cut it.

I use RV Black Streak and Bug Remover by Thetford on my white hull and it works very well. While I'm washing one area I spray another and let it soak in.

Not really anything to help ... but a quick stop at the nearest car wash after coming off the lake keeps me water line free.

lysol toilet bowl cleanear. sounds strange, i understand. the only hitch though, is that you should put a coat of wax on aftrward. if its really bad, allow to soak in for a couple of minutes.

Starbright makes a hull cleaner, muratic acid diluted will work (make sure you cover your trailer rails). Whatever you use, put a good coat of Bass Boat saver on it and then going forward all you have to do is wipe it off.

TOXIC

I used FSR (Fiberglass Stain Remover) from academy. Its a small blue plastic tub. I was seriously amazed at how well it worked on the yellowing of my hull, because down here is southwest Louisiana the water is filthy.

Latest posts

Back