Water in Floor Compartment

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Ramberger

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased a 1997 Nitro 205FS and I have a question about water in the floor compartment (runs lengthwise down the boat)

We have been using the boat for a few days, and today I opened the floor compartment to get out the skis and found water in it. It's apparent it has run the length of the compartment. There is water in the drain at the rear of the compartment, and nothing is coming out of the bilge (We have been fishing and the bilge pump is emptying water so I know the bilge pump works)

I can't believe this is normal, but I need to get some advice from the people who have been here before.

Thanks in advance for any input!

There should be a drain in the compartment. It is probally clogged. Run a small wire or coat hanger through it and see if the water will drain to the hull like it should.:) Not sure how the water go in there unless it has been setting out in the rain. Hope this helps.

Thanks Chris,

I see that the cooler under the middle rear seat drains right behind there, and that eventually seems to go to the bilge. I will make sure the floor drain is open.

Is it possible that bilge water got in there?

If there is no drain hole as Chris suggested,.....just drill your own with a 1/4" drill bit in the rear corners of the storage bin. I had to do that before on my 896 or 901 I had years ago....can't remember which one it was,..but a small hole in the corner took care of the "lack of drainage" issue. (It just went into the bilge and I'd pump it out)

Latest posts

Back