• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: 20" Laser 2

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Tallant

Reaction score
I am looking for a nice 20" Laser 2. If you know of anyone that has one please let me know. I'll pay cash or trade a 19" Power Tech.

If you find 2 let me know. I am wanting to upgrade from aluminum, but not sure of pitch I need yet.

That is a clean prop for the money. If I was sure it was the right pitch I would pick it up. I'm running a 21P aluminum on a 750DC 90ELPTO, anyone running this prop on this boat?

What RPM's are you running now?? My 640LX / 75 Opti came with a 21" aluminum and I now run a 20" Laser II at 45-46mph GPS @ 5740rpm. Your 750DC is a little heavier but your motor has 15 more HP so it should work out OK.

Byron, that's what I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads up.

Berry, I have a 90 hp on a 640Lx with a jack plate and could only turn the the Laser II 22" at 5000 rpm with a normal load positioned 4.5 inches below pad.

Stan, I don't know my max rpm's yet, I have had it to 5, but it is not broken in all the way to my satisfaction yet. But if you could only turn 5000 on the 640, the 22 should be too much pitch for mine. Sounds like a 20 will be closer to what I need?

Berry, my 90 is an older model so I may have to use the 20" to make up for its age and different design. I was very disappointed that I couldn't turn the 22" any faster. If you read this board and other Bass Boat Boards you will find the 22" Laser 2 is the ticket for a 90 on a lite boat. You will also find speeds posted in the 49 - 51mph range that I have never seen. At 5,000 rpm my speed is 43.8 mph. When I do performance analysis I use a GPS and have the boat loaded the way I actually use it. (i.e. 1/2 tank, all three batteries onboard, rods, reels, anchor, trolling motor, minnow bucket etc.) From what I've learned the goal is to select a prop that will peg max rpm at wot in conditions you would normally use it. It's better to slightly under prop it than over prop it. How much longer do you have to complete your break-in before you can determine your max rpm?

I have had the boat about a month now and it has probably 7 hours on it (6.5 of these by the first owner so who knows really how many hours are on it- the dang hour meter was wired to the console power not the ignition). I'd like to get it to around 10hrs before I do too much to it. As soon as we can get some decent weather here (it doesn't sound like it will be this weekend) I will go ahead and open it up for a short while and see what it can do. Stan, do you still have that 22P? I hope I can turn a 22, fron the Merc calculator it looks like it will be either a 21 or a 22. I have noticed that when underway it will only trim up so far, I guess there is some limiter on this rig? At Idle/stop, it will trim up until the motor hits the splashwell. My old boat would keep trimming until you let off the trim switch....

Latest posts

Back