want some Ice and snow

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR F

Reaction score
WOW really a nightmare again, I am out of ammo,Will It ever end????:)

We're going to get hit tonite and all day tomorrow,.....supposedly with 14-18" and up to 8ft drifts if the 35mph winds come with it!! Kind of excited about it in a sick kinda way!!..LOL I haven't seen a storm like this in years!! I'm going to stop on the way home and get some more beer, jack and frito "Scoops". I have enough frozen critter in the freezer to last me 2 months and a lake at the end of my street if I need to catch fish!! :p I'm good to go,.......and I hope the snow "packs"...'cuz if it does,..when my wife walks out to get the mail..she may get pummeled with a barrage of snowballs!! :rolleyes::lol: ....and my neighbors too...and that old lady next door,..and the UPS dude,...and the snowplow dude...and the.....etc..etc:wub:

I am glad I got the motor home ready at least it has a furnace and beds..ha ha leave the beer outside it will be fine...It's already bad here and the worse is yet to come like you said Mac..lots of Ice then the snow..we already have an ice emergency here they say 45 mph wind be like back In 1978 the Blizzard that shut down the area for weeks.....:)

Its funny how different things are up here. I am reading about you guys stocking food and being shut down for weeks.. I have the same storm tracking towards me in Ottawa Canada. All I can think about is if I should be using 8lb mono or 10lb braid to fluoro while ice fishing...lol

Hope you guys hang in there. When we get bored we always go to our neighbors lawn and make rude raunchy snowmen for the peoples to laugh at.

My Neighbors are Rude and Raunchy:D

They are saying another 16-20" where i am in MA on top of the already 3' or so i have on the ground now. I went to the store yesterday and a lady in line actually asked me why i didn't have milk, bread and eggs in my cart like we were going to be stranded for weeks. I told her i have everything i need, Steak, Potatoes and Beer... :lol:

I spent two hours shoveling off the roof on the back side of my house yesterday. It had over 2' on most of it where cant get the roof rake high enough. Its only like a 3 pitch roof so i was concerned about what another dumping of heavy wet snow could do with it. This is the first time i have ever worried about the snow load up there. Needless to say im very sore today.

Currently -40 wind chill here(Western Kansas). Hard to believe it was 73 on Friday, WTF! Chris F.:eek:

TAd to New Mexico..... this frikin mess sucks when you are not at home! Plus we have a roller skate for a rental car to add to the fun.

Base here is delayed for 2 hours, so Albuquerque has not been hit that hard. just cold and very windy!

C3 - don't worry too much. We're not supposed to get the snow - just about a quarter inch of ice instead :eek: Seems that its the NE turn this year (Mid-A got wholloped last year with three blizzards).

We are in the sweet spot in Middlesex County here on the Northshore and depending on how cold it is tomorrow, could hit 18 - 24" over the next two days.

I am putting a nice corned beef on the stove shortly and will be having a nice late lunch/early dinner after my first clearing of the driveway and walkway this afternoon. I am expecting to have to do this about four or five times between today and when it stops late Wednesday night.

Oh, I just ordered a couple of real nice looking bass flies for fly fishing this spring and have five episodes of Fish Fishburne and four episodes of Zona's new show and the Bass Pros to watch, just as long as the power doesn't go out ...

I think I am ready! Bill, the MadKayaker

I live on the other side of the lake from Chicago and believe me when the lake affect comes we get the brunt of it as most weather patterns move west to east. We have already had 2 live broadcasts on the Weather Channel this winter with most likely a third on the way.

We are expecting 18-24" and up to 60 mph winds. Thank goodness I bought a new snow blower this year! It is really getting broken in quick!

Everyone stay safe and warm!

Randy!

My poor Ranger sitting outside with no motor.... :(

We were closed today CIII....

We missed the brunt of It...Still an Icy mess but no real snow mostly 5 inches of sleet and some Ice..Really windy some power out but so far so good..JR

Well interesting day... 3 to 4 feet of snow everywhere I need to shovel/snowblow. My snowblowewr is not really designed to dewal with that much... So, a 50ft driveway and a double corner lot make life interesting. Took all day but finally am half done.... Tomorrow should get me out of the driveway...lol

Just another day here in ND/MN. :cool:

Stay safe all!

Latest posts

Back