Undefeated once again!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, this weekend was a true test of character. It turns out that I have become a small legend at the lodge where our clients stay. Apparently the other guides have been having a hard time putting more than 30 fish in the boat in a day and I have been averaging 50-60. At some point there was an argument as to WHO was going to go in my boat this weekend. I was flattered. Well, the owner of the outfitter service, that contracts to me, must have told the other guides where I had been going. A great little back up honey hole, that most people are afraid to go to since it means navigating a pretty tricky boulder ridden river channel. Well, don't you know, 2 of them followed me up there on Sunday and didn't even ask. And then acted like I had some nerve not telling them about it, or like it was their spot and I should go! Was I ever HOT! Well the LEGEND prevailed. We boated several fish right in front of the other boat, who's clients were friendly rivals of my clients. BTW, the smallies have already spawned in this little hole. Water temp was 63 VS 52 in the lake. Anyhow, it started to get crowded, so I reached deep into my bag of tricks. Wind was out of the east so the west bank (NY) where we were was trecherous! There was no easy way to cross the lake and stay dry. So, we loaded the boat and drove a quick 30 minutes around (same as it would have taken to run it in that chop) and sure enough, the VT banks were protected and the waves were half that of NY. None of the other guides were thinking out of the box, so we had it to ourselves, 2 miles of smallie laiden flats and shoreline. We POUNDED 3-4 lbers for 2 hours. Keep in mind these clients had been with a different guide the day before and only caught 4 fish ALL day. They were elated to be fishing with the "Legend". I'm 28 years old for crying out loud. How can I be a legend? LOL Anyway, the wind shifted again, now from the west, and we were pummeled with 4 foot rollers. Almost put the bow of the boat through the rear window of my Bravada trying to pull out! Amazingly, no serious damage was done. We shuffled back across to another back up spot I have right in the heart of good ole P'burgh and low and behold, all to ourselves again and FISH! In one spot we SAW 30-40 smallies cruising a creek bed, and 6 or 7 HUGE pike and what I believe to be a lost brown trout! In any event, we boated around 50+ fish again. Once again beating the closest boat by at least 15 fish. Oh and Mac, I believe the contest has now officially begun correct? Put me in for a 4.2lb smallie. It had better not stand, our I will be very dissappointed! I intend to beat it myself this weekend. A 6.5 lber was boated this weekend in one of my spots! I guess the moral of the story is never give up! Jamey can attest, when I'm on, I'm on and very hard to beat! But when I'm off, I simply do not quit until I'm on again. God has blessed me with a great lake to fish and not neccesarilly a unique fishing ability but rather an unwavering determination. Just remember, it ain't over 'til Mac wears a thong! LOL See my reports for any details. You guys are in for a big treat at the rally! Fish are late in moving up, which means they should be right on time for everyone's arrival at the the rally!

Thongs??...dude,..we've come to expect that kinda talk from Scott's twisted phsychotic fantasies,...but you'll have champy kabobs on a skewer before you'll EVER see ME in one,...so don't get your panties in a knot waiting for that to happen. Move on BigDog,.......and by the way....a 4.2lb smallie and you're getting excited?? Geeez,...I thought champlain had TOADS in it,......4.2lbrs should be BAIT!

Neeley and I will have to show you what a toad is in a week or so...!!!

Bring it! LOL Actually Mac, I am a little dissappointed. We have usually boated at least one or two 5-6 lbers by now. I think because of the unseasonably cold, late spring, they're still deep. But when I weigh in FIVE 4.2 lbers at the rally for a 21 lb limit.......well, hope you like your champy kabobs well done! I will be entering a 6 lber into the contest before it's over, so you had better start hog huntin' now!

ANd oh yeah, you in a thong, NOW there's a scales n tales that would live in infammy forever! LOL

Jamey, I did. Both sets of clients this weekend were completely disgusted with Pete's accomodations. They were clear that they would never re-book with him. I normally insist that if they come from Pete, they re-book through him as an integrity issue. Many of the other guides regularly steal his customers. If they are dead set, then I hand them a card. I'm a little worried though, since MY accomodations were the Stonehelm, and look at them now! LOL BTW, the worst offender was Bobby Kennedy! Can you believe that? Man, come NCBA tourney time, if those boys are fishin'....it's butt whoopin time!

Latest posts

Back