Uncrowded Potomac

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim in VA

Reaction score
Wow! Got out early this morning and the lower Potomac near DC was relative quiet! I expected it to be packed out due to the holiday weekend, but the Spoils only had about 3 other bass boats in it at 7am. My buddy's son and I went out and nailed about six bass before 8:45am using crankbaits. Here's a shot of one of my catches.

IMG_0849A.jpg

The guys in the white bass boat were getting pretty steamed because we kept getting hits. All of them were in the 1.5 to 2 pound range. Very respectable. Then I took us to another cove where my buddy's son caught a very large 3.5 pounder! It was his biggest bass ever and he was pretty pscyhed as you can probably tell by the smile in this picture.

IMG_0850.jpg

Pulling back into to our take out point was interesting to say the least. The crowds were unreal at 12:30pm. No surprise there given the holiday.

Hope others were as fortunate and had as much fun!

Jim

nice fish, i think all places were pretty empty till 10 am or so. i did not see another boat till 9'15 on the rapp. I heard on the news that on saturday, that 90 boats had to be rescued from the potomac because the wind picked up and swamped some boats down south.

mike

Latest posts

Back