Ugly email virus - we're having severe problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
All,

Just a note that our company is being spammed heavily with a bad email virus. They have shut down all our email servers, and have no ETA on getting it back up.

I got an email from what looked to be one of our employees (using our internet email address rather than our internal address). I opened it, because it was from someone inside.

Our email had a subject line somewhat with 'Your name is incorrect'.

Be very careful, as this is the first time that we've been broached, and we keep pretty good tabs from a virus/security standpoint.

Tex

We got his last week.. real ugly virus.. emails look like they are coming from employees email addresses.

Government is getting spammed too. Looks official.

Don't open any email you don't know the sender and

by all means do not open an attached .zip or .com file.

Can a virus get into your computer from just opening the e-mail or do you have to open an attached file?

Me -- Normally you need to do something with an attachment.

Another virus just hit us yesterday-- Just got the Lan backup at 3 today--- Had everyone keep their PC turned off all day. This virus deleted lots of .doc / .xls / .mdb - files on serval of our servers----- (and the backup tapes were bad)----Glad I'm not a Gov.-------------

Watch that e-mail..

Good Luck HaleDamage

Home now. My computer at work got hit really bad. It was being cleaned by the updated virus signature file that had just been updated today. Not sure if my computer will be useable or not.

Problem is that with this virus, you could get something from somebody you actually know and work with. It is disguised as something from (in our case), a co-worker.

Nasty bugger.

Tex

Latest posts

Back