Trying find a part #

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik Lunde

Reaction score
I've been trying to help a buddy out who is looking for a part #. For some reason, TM can only provide part #'s with a trailer serial #. At this point, colors are not important - it can be black, white or plain galvanized so I don't understand the necessity of a serial#.

He has a 2004 NX898 and has been having a very hard time getting the boat up on the trailer and up to front the bow stop/roller. The boat wants to go under the roller despite trying to load with the trailer at different levels in the water. Just recently we saw a 2006 NX898 with a keel roller shaped like a 'Y' that would center and push the front end up higher - this appears to be a 'lesson learned' type fix from TM on later 898 trailers. The guy said it came with the trailer when he bought it new. I've also seen several pictures online of the 2006 898 trailer with this roller.

The question here, is can anyone with a 2006 NX898 with this Y bumber provide either a serial # or provide the part # for this piece? It was a bolt on part that my buddy should be able to add to his trailer. TM HQ and the local BPS have been absolutely no help without a serial # - making what should be something very simple, very difficult.

Both of us are new, used, Nitro owners, and are very frustrated with the level of service we've both recieved in only several months of ownership. It shouldn't be this hard to get a simple part #

Please feel free to email any responses to [email protected].

Thank you in advance.

I have an 03-898 and it is a little diffacult to load.I just keep the trailer high in the water and run it up on pretty hard.If it is ti deep it will go under the front stop.Run it up as far as you can and hook the strap on it with a little motor preasure and it will go right up.Just have to play with it abit.

Latest posts

Back