Trim Quit

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Janssen

Reaction score
Ran my Nitro 288 last night everything ran great (caught a couple fish).

When I took the boat out I trimmed the motor down to let the water drain then trimmed it up, put the transom saver in place and trimmed down to secure the transom saver.

When I got to the storage unit I wanted to adjust the transom saver, none of the trim buttons work.

A couple weeks ago the trim switch on the throttle handle only wasn't working and I found the power wire to the switch was broke. Spliced that wire and everything worked fine. But this is all three switches on the power head on the throttle and at the bow. Any thoughts?

The only thing I can think of is on the ride home the same power wire came undone and shorted causing a fuse to blow....Any other theories?

Sounds like a fuse to me. I always solder my splices and use heat shrink tubing over them.

Oops...sorry Toxic, I didn't see your post when I hit the post button. I wouldn't have posted that had I seen it.

Small update.

Went over to the boat this morning.... mostly to get a pair of sunglasses I forgot.

I hit the trim switch on the motor the motor trimmed up a couple inches, then when I went to put it back down it wouldn't do anything again (up or down). Sounding to me like a short someplace. Everybody agree this is an issue best dealt with by the dealer?....especially considering that 17 days from now I am taking this boat 950 Miles on a one week fishing trip.....How pissed would my companions be if we couldn't use the boat because the prop was out of the water?!

Did you ever figure out your trim issues? Mine is doing the same thing. thanks for any help or advice you can give.Bill

Latest posts

Back