Trep is recovering

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
All,

Just a note that Trep came through fine, and is recovering (lot's of Med's, I'm sure). He'll pop in here in the next day or two as he feels up to it.

Tex

Some kind of dental surgery....eat lots of Vicodin:wacko:

Yaaah Vicodin breakfast of champions and guys with bad knees. Hope he heals quick

fatrap

Hey Gang - Yesterday afternoon I had to have an agressive non-cancerous tumor removed from my lower right jaw. They took the initial piece out 3 weeks ago, then found out it was growing and had to take out about a 1-2 inche section of my lower jaw, remove 3 teeth/nerves, rebuild the jaw, sew it all up including my cheek to my gums, and send me home last night. I'll have to go back in 6-9 months to have the cheek re-cut/seperated then go back a few months later for implants for the 3 teeth they had to remove.

The good news is it was not cancerous and I found it before it took over my whole lower jaw and before we moved to China.

I'm living on Lortabs, ibuprofen, ALL liquid diet (yes Tex, Dr. said as soon as I get off the Lortabs I can hit the beer again! ) for a week or 2. I'm sore as hell!! I look like I a lopsided squirel having stuffed nuts in my right cheek!!! LOL Trying to keep a stiff upper lip, actualy a swollen lower lip! I Kill me!!!! LOL

Beka has been a trooper, especialy since I was in Sydney all last week, and she is now married to a bassboat driving toothless jewish redneck!!!! LOL

I'm not able to talk for about a week, so work will consist of email and instant messaging sitting on my fat butt!!

Hope everyone is well, and Greg and gang had a great trip to KY Lake!

Trep

The image of Trep not being able to talk for a week, takes some doing. ;););)

Good deal on the beer. Knew that you would ask! :D

Tex

OUCH!! Glad it wasn't cancerous. Hang in there!

Dayum,....Glad you're okay,....but I betya Beka is relishing the silence,......don't be surprised if she tosses the Dr. another $500 and says,.."Tellem not to talk for another MONTH!!":lol:

Dr's have been known to make mistakes too.....so drink beer now thru a straw,..it'll make the Lortabs last longer!!:wub:

Adios Amigo,

Mac

Dang Trep. Sorry about the troubles, glad your on the mend. Now you really would make our day if you were to post pic's of a "bassboat driving toothless jewish redneck." :)

Get well soon Trepper!!!!

LMAO @ the toothless jewish redneck!!!

Bob G.

Have you tried any CHEW yet???????:lol::lol::lol::lol: you'd Look like some o' dem' baseball guys, like Dykstra!!:eek::eek::lol::lol:

Have a speedy recovery.:)

WOW Trep! That's pretty major surgery. I've assisted on that operation a few times while in dental school, but never had a patient with that problem in my private practice. You'll lose some weight off that MASSIVE:D frame of yours, and get tired of milkshakes too!:p

Good luck with your recovery and be glad it wasn't cancer, they would have had to remove two to three times as much as they did. Now that you're missing a few teeth, resist they urge to move to Alabama!:lol:

Tom

Bob - Thought you'd like the "toothless jewish redneck!" referrence!!! LOL

Ed - just EWW!!!! LOL

Tom - Forgot about your dentist background, it was an "ameloblastoma", and luckily the only reason I noticed it (had my usualy Jan dentist visit w/xrays and it didn't show up then) was I noticed a small swelling below the gumline on the inside/tongue side, thought it was just a small infection or something, but Wed night 3 weeks ago (the day I noticed it) we were at a play Noah was in at the local Arts Center and a friend who's a Dentist/Orthodontist was there, so I asked him if he'd take a look to see if I needed to see my Dentist soon or wait for my next visit. His answer was "get to your Dentist in the AM, if he's busy call me and i'll fit you in, here is my home/cell #, call me tonite if you need me to call in pain meds" Saw the Dentist Thurs AM he sent me to a surgen, who scheduled the initial removal the next Monday, and the biopsy came back the Mon before I left for Sydney, and the rest is history.

Trep

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Michael! Glad to hear it wasn't malignant.

Mark

Ok, let's pool our money and get him a red flannel shirt with the arms cut out, a pair of jeans with the snuff can mark in them, and a fishin hat with the gold hook in it. Trep The Cable Guy!!:lol::lol::lol:

Glad you are ok Jar-Jar.

TOXIC

PS...Give your dentist heart failure like I did mine, and with a straight face tell him you want grills!! I told him I wanted spinners in mine.

Great to hear it is all looking good at the end of the rainbow... Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Dang Dude, what a deal. I had no idea that you had all this going on. How are you going to get follow up care in China? They'll be shootin' you up with ground up Rino Horn and Duck Testicles over there. :eek:

Get Well Soon and all the other platitudes you can think of.:D

Harpo

Harpo - I just figure they'll have some 100 proof rice wine or something to kill the pain!!! LOL

I haven't had a lot of time to post or get everyone informed, it happened quickly over the last 4 weeks, including a trip to Sydney I had to do last week on business.

My bosses have agreed 100% of my followup care will be in the USA! I'll come back for a short visit for the cheek/gum cutting in 4-6 months, then again 2-4 months later for impants. As long as the Drs give me a OK next Thurs I can go for 2 weeks to start working and looking for a house/appartment, come back in mid-late june, more Followup here in the states, and then move the family over in July.

Trep

You mean you're NOT supposed to drink and take Lortab? Boy, that may explain some things!:D

Seriously, glad you came through it OK and are recovering well. Hutch

Yo Jar-Jar.....glad you're OK.....see if you can get some tumors to grow in those chicken legs of yours!!!

Man O' Man Trepper!!! I had no idea you were going through all of this.:huh: I am so glad it wasn't cancerous but am also so very sorry you have to go through all of this pain. I know Beka has probably been a Saint and I hope the boys understand what's happening. Do what the Doctor's say, rest and generally take it easy and, HEY, WAIT A MINUTE?????? DID YOU SAY YOU COULDN'T TALK FIO A WEEK??????? Oh, the horror, the HORROR:blink::blink:

You know I wish you nothing but the best. I am going to say a prayer for and your family and will start sending my best wishes right now. Let me know when you can talk and I'll give you a call so we can commiserate and tell lies, ok? Get well my friend.

Uncle Billy

Wow, Trep, sorry to read all of this. Very glad to know you'll recover a-okay!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

You kill me Trepper, "bass boat driving, jewish redneck". That's a hoot!!!

Seriously, I hope your better, I'll add you to our family/ friend prayer list.

Steve

Trep maybe you can get some of those "Bubba Teeth" to help you out until the rebuild is done.

Mike G aka

fatrap
Bubba Teeth.jpg

OUCH!!!!!!!!!

A lot of nerves in that area!!!!

Get well soon Trep!

az

Get better soon Trep. Thanks for the update.

Back