Transducers Not Performing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Gerry

Reaction score
Can some one give me a connection with Nitro/Tracker. My issue is the lack of transducer performance. When on plane as slow as 35 mph, I cannot tell depth of water. The zercom transducer no longer provides input when on plane (it use to work at 65 mph) and the Lowrance does not work above 35 mph, never did. Both are thru hull. Took it to dealership to have the zercom transducer checked and got, "Can't see anything wrong with it." This does not help and makes travelling accross a lake pretty scary. I need to communicate with some one in the company that can give me guidance on how to use the Tracker extended warranty to get a fix.

My bet is the trans. came loose from the hull. They are epoxied on at the factory and with most installations like this, it is a crap shoot for a good one. I always mount my transducers on the transom for 100 percent performance. I am not saying you cant get good performance from a thru hull, but you are relying on too many variables to go wrong, but if you live in an area with losts of stumps and logs....

In short, try a new transducer and remount if you cant get the old one up to re-install. Not a difficult job and many sources on the net for more info.

Mini

Back