Transducer question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dallaire

Reaction score
Just got a 788ci . The transducer that is supplied is meant for attaching to the transom . Johnson Outdoors ( hummingbird canada ) is normaly able to swap tranducers at no charge but are back ordered . A very reputable bass fisherman in my area said that I can still use this transducer and epoxy it to my hull. The only problem is the transducer will not show the temp accuratly .

Can somebody please shed some insight. I want to use my new unit and dont want to drill!

Seabass - Yes if you epoxy into the hull the temp sensor in the transducer will not read water temp, so you have a couple of choices (and I know Greg from Humminbird will give you even better suggestions) would be to 1) epoxy into the bildge and get get the approx $20USD tempature sensor to mount on the transom (here is a link at Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Humminbird-7300101-TG-Temperature-Sensor/dp/B000FIF6Y2), or 2) mount it on the transom like it was meant to be, i've mounted a number of transducers over the years on my 700lx, all have been Humminbirds so with 1 exception i've not had to drill anymore, just used the same mounting hardware. The 1 exception was the SI unit's big transducer which needed to be mounted higher up the transom so I epoxyed an old transom transducer into the bildge so i'd be able to keep bottom while on plane and used a Y cable. the other option is you think over the years you might swap transducers and companies, is to mount a seperate plastic board once to the transom (still gotta drill) and then you have a seperate mounting board to attach your transducers to (read about in an issue of Trailerboats mag years ago). When you drill remember to tape the area (to ensure no clearcoat cracks) start spinning the drill backwards to get it into the fiberglass, and after drilling and before using the screw use Marine Epoxy in the hole to ensure water tightness.

Trep

"Ahh, Trepper's come a long way"

He sure has Uncle Billy, why I've even heard that he can catch a fish every now and than (or is that Eli that is catching all the fish?)! :huh: ;) :rolleyes: :D

Greg Walters at Humminbird

I learned from the Masters!!! And YES ELi is catching MOST of the fish!!!

Latest posts

Back